Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > trademe user annoyances.

trademe user annoyances.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
>out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
>they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
>seller refuses to remove your bid.
>
>Grrr, I hate trademe users.
>
>(and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

That would be the sellers problem. Once you are no longer the top bidder,
you can't reasonably be expected to buy anything ... surely ?
What is otherwise to stop the seller from removing the top 5 (or any number)
of bids ? Doesn't make sense to me

Bruce

(if there were any)

Bruce Sinclair

In article <rPiDe.1861$(E-Mail Removed)>, "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
>in message news:RBiDe.1857$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
>> >out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
>> >they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
>> >seller refuses to remove your bid.
>> >
>> >Grrr, I hate trademe users.
>> >
>> >(and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

>> That would be the sellers problem. Once you are no longer the top bidder,
>> you can't reasonably be expected to buy anything ... surely ?
>> What is otherwise to stop the seller from removing the top 5 (or any

>number)
>> of bids ? Doesn't make sense to me

>The seller cant refuse to remove your bid if the auction is running. If they
>dont have enough feedback they can get Trademe to remove it for them.

Dave siad they had already removed one bid ... so they must be able to do
that

Bruce

(if there were any)

Bruce Sinclair

In article <42ddc153$(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>ardz wrote:
>
>> The seller cant refuse to remove your bid if the auction is running. If they
>> dont have enough feedback they can get Trademe to remove it for them.

>What he is saying is that he took other action because the bidding got past
> what
>he was prepaired to pay (Probarbly got to more then retail) - so he didnt
>increse his bid to become the lead bidder again. The seller removed the top
>bidder reinstating his bid as the winning bid

I would tell the seller I saw I was second and went and got one. If the
seller thought it clever to leave me as the top bid, he should not be
surprised when I didn't pay for the thing I had already told him I did not
want

Bruce

(if there were any)

Dave - Dave.net.nz

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

ardz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
> >out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
> >they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
> >seller refuses to remove your bid.
> >
> >Grrr, I hate trademe users.
> >
> >(and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

> That would be the sellers problem. Once you are no longer the top bidder,
> you can't reasonably be expected to buy anything ... surely ?
> What is otherwise to stop the seller from removing the top 5 (or any

number)
> of bids ? Doesn't make sense to me
>

> Bruce

> I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the

good
> people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
> only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
>
> Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett
>
> Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
> (if there were any)

The seller cant refuse to remove your bid if the auction is running. If they
dont have enough feedback they can get Trademe to remove it for them.

Richard

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
> out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
> they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
> seller refuses to remove your bid.
>
> Grrr, I hate trademe users.
>
> (and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

I believe that removing the top bid should allow anyone underneith to remove
there bid without the trader having any say if they can or not, they allowed one
to be removed.

Richard

ardz wrote:

> The seller cant refuse to remove your bid if the auction is running. If they
> dont have enough feedback they can get Trademe to remove it for them.

What he is saying is that he took other action because the bidding got past what
he was prepaired to pay (Probarbly got to more then retail) - so he didnt
increse his bid to become the lead bidder again. The seller removed the top
bidder reinstating his bid as the winning bid

mountain

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
> >out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
> >they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
> >seller refuses to remove your bid.
> >
> >Grrr, I hate trademe users.
> >
> >(and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

> That would be the sellers problem. Once you are no longer the top bidder,
> you can't reasonably be expected to buy anything ... surely ?
> What is otherwise to stop the seller from removing the top 5 (or any

number)
> of bids ? Doesn't make sense to me
>

> Bruce

That sounds like the sort of thing you would do if you were phantom bidding,
that way the seller can maximize his phantom bids and still have the real
bidder win, sounds dodgy to me.

ardz

news:42ddc104$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
> > out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
> > they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
> > seller refuses to remove your bid.
> >
> > Grrr, I hate trademe users.
> >
> > (and yes, I realise I'm one of them)

> I believe that removing the top bid should allow anyone underneith to

remove
> there bid without the trader having any say if they can or not, they

allowed one
> to be removed.

Ideally if you suddenly become the top bidder(because someones bid above you
had been removed)you should be sent an email to say that you are now the
lead bidder on an auction. Maybe thats an idea to put to trademe?.

Rob

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dont you just hate it when you make a bid, it reaches reserve, someone
> out bids you, you go out to lunch and buy the same product new, and then
> they seller removes the top bidder making you the top bidder, and the
> seller refuses to remove your bid.
>
> Grrr, I hate trademe users.
>
> (and yes, I realise I'm one of them)
>
> --
> http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
> http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services

Sounds like the top bidder could have been a phanton bidder for the seller
to push up the price, and then the seller removed the bid.

trademe con? - $10 to ask a question bruce NZ Computing 44 03-14-2010 03:59 AM
Trademe alternatives? paora NZ Computing 7 03-14-2010 03:53 AM
Trademe idiots Weez NZ Computing 57 05-20-2004 05:19 AM
Question about "TradeMe" bidding Craig NZ Computing 2 01-27-2004 08:51 AM
TradeMe strangeness JD NZ Computing 16 08-08-2003 06:08 AM

Advertisments