Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft office XP Activation

Microsoft office XP Activation

Bruce Sinclair

In article <HU%Ce.1618$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:
>I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
>computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
>Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
>popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
>process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
>already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
>customer support.

>Any Ideas Guys?

Contact customer support perhaps like it says ?

Bruce

(if there were any)

Krazy Bob

I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
customer support.

Any Ideas Guys?
TIA

Krazy Bob

news.xtra.co.nz

"Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:HU%Ce.1618$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
>computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
> Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
> popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
> process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
> already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
> customer support.
>
> Any Ideas Guys?
> TIA
>
> Krazy Bob
>. Did you take a backup?

Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need your
product key or something like that.

This ****ing sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally.

Geoff M

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:13:21 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <HU%Ce.1618$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
>>computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
>>Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
>>popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
>>process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
>>already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
>>customer support.

>>Any Ideas Guys?

> Contact customer support perhaps like it says ?
>
> Bruce

> I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
> people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
> only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
>
> Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett
>
> Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
> (if there were any)

If customer "support" doesn't help, there are plenty of cracks around. Why
should have to crack legit software becasue of their lame and obnoxious
protection system is a rant for another day. Suffice to say - BTDT.
Geoff

Richard

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need your
> product key or something like that.
>
> This ****ing sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
> and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
> to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
> software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally.

I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at all they
are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.

David Butler

Just phone the 0800 number and tell them you've reinstalled it, they will
give you a activation code to enter

they will need the product key

"Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:HU%Ce.1618$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
>computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
> Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
> popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
> process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
> already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
> customer support.
>
> Any Ideas Guys?
> TIA
>
> Krazy Bob

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Richard wrote:
>> Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might
>> need your product key or something like that.

> I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at
> all they are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.

I heard about a guy who rang up with a legit albeit used code, said that
activation kept failing, had to provide a whole heap of details, however
, fake details were given, and new code was emailed to his gmail account...

not saying that it is right, but just that it happened.
--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <Nb0De.1622$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This ****ing sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
>and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
>to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
>software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally

Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?

(Just wondering whether Microsoft's presumption of piracy is more likely
to be right than wrong...)

Richard

Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
> In article <Nb0De.1622$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>This ****ing sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
>>and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
>>to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
>>software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally

> Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
> software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?
>
> (Just wondering whether Microsoft's presumption of piracy is more likely
> to be right than wrong...)

When I was having issues because I used an nforce motherboard, I ended up
reinstalling many times because certain combinations of drivers would leave it
unable to even get into safe mode after a few crashes corrupted things up.

I just called the 0800 number and they gave me a code to put into it. After that
the next 5 or so online activations worked fine before I gave up and just used
that machine without any nvidea drivers at all.

news.xtra.co.nz

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>
>> Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need
>> your product key or something like that.
>>
>> This ****ing sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few
>> times and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were
>> unfortunate and had to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft
>> could disable your software and call you a pirate even if you purchase
>> the software legally.

> I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at all
> they are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.

Anyone care to test this theory out I'd like to see what happens.