Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dell.com vs dell.co.nz prices

Dell.com vs dell.co.nz prices

gimp

i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
sold to Oz/NZ US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!

news.xtra.co.nz

"gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbkivh$i85$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
> sold to Oz/NZ US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!

damn!!!

Rob

"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JimDe.1912$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dbkivh$i85$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
> > sold to Oz/NZ US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!
> >

> damn!!!

That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge US.

news.xtra.co.nz

> "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JimDe.1912$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dbkivh$i85$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
>> > sold to Oz/NZ US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!
>> >

>> damn!!!
>>

> That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
> US.

I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to think
it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell automatons.

gimp

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
>>US.
>>

> I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to think
> it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell automatons.

i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion
there to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on
the phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
typical' response times.

crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
pick one up when the next special is on.

Rob

"gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbnaed$ikp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> >>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
> >>US.
> >>

> > I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to

think
> > it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell

automatons.

> i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
> best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion
> there to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on
> the phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
> typical' response times.
>
> crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
> pick one up when the next special is on.

They do reguarly have 20% off (almost every other week). It is very similar
to Briscoes/Rebel... where they hace specials of the product every other
week.

news.xtra.co.nz

"gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbnaed$ikp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>>>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
>>>US.
>>>

>> I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to
>> think it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell
>> automatons.

> i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
> best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion there
> to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on the
> phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
> typical' response times.
>
> crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
> pick one up when the next special is on.

Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
could give me a better discount than the online price.

gimp

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
> could give me a better discount than the online price.

cool. were u also speaking to the call center in India..? i'm
starting to think more and more that the people i were talking to were
tards. i know Dell must profit from using an overseas call center but
they would still lose millions in sales because of it.

gimp

heh:

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...Specifications

pretty sure there's only one version of this monitor now

news.xtra.co.nz

"gimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbpa7p$u8o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>
>> Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
>> could give me a better discount than the online price.

> cool. were u also speaking to the call center in India..? i'm starting
> to think more and more that the people i were talking to were tards. i
> know Dell must profit from using an overseas call center but they would
> still lose millions in sales because of it.

He sounded Asian to me. I called him, but he wasn't there and hasn't
returned my call yet.

That is good news bout the user manual - so , the US website quotes
grey-grey, while the AP quotes white-black.