Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Trouble at TelstraClear?

Trouble at TelstraClear?

drmofe

>From the help line:
"This TelstraClear office has been evacuated due to an emergency.
Please try again later."

What gives?

Also (and probably unrelated) - any TC customers and/or Telecom
customers having ADSL difficulties in central Dunedin exchange since
Monday at midnight? I've got a few uncooperative Dynalink routers not
talking to the exchange. Paradise.net mentioned a possible power cut -
any ideas?

Ta,
Stu

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"drmofe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"This TelstraClear office has been evacuated due to an emergency.
>Please try again later."

Most likely thing I'd say is that a fire alarm went off. Could happen to
anybody.

Did you try again, say, half an hour later?

SomebodyElse

drmofe wrote:
>>From the help line:

> "This TelstraClear office has been evacuated due to an emergency.
> Please try again later."
>
> What gives?

They probably had an emergency.

I'm surprised they actually had the forethought to have a message
prerecorded for this to be able to switch to.

Better to give you this message than to just leave you on hold indefinitely.

'Try again later'

- Scott

Stewart Fleming

SomebodyElse wrote:
> They probably had an emergency.
>
> I'm surprised they actually had the forethought to have a message
> prerecorded for this to be able to switch to.

Yup, I was surprised too.

> Better to give you this message than to just leave you on hold
> indefinitely.

Not sure if the response time would have been any quicker

> 'Try again later'

Got same message 15 mins later. Switched to Paradise.Net technical
assistance to see if they could help (this was either an ADSL problem or
a Paradise.net routing problem) and they were up, online and could help.

Still got ADSL issues in Dunedin though...

Trog

drmofe wrote:
>>From the help line:

> "This TelstraClear office has been evacuated due to an emergency.
> Please try again later."
>
> What gives?
>
> Also (and probably unrelated) - any TC customers and/or Telecom
> customers having ADSL difficulties in central Dunedin exchange since
> Monday at midnight? I've got a few uncooperative Dynalink routers not
> talking to the exchange. Paradise.net mentioned a possible power cut -
> any ideas?
>
> Ta,
> Stu

Probably a fire drill dude. I worked at Microsoft a couple of years
ago. Don't shoot me. It was a job fer fuxache. Anyway, we used to have
drills every six months or something. Good excuse to get out and have
an extra ciggie break in between shitty callers demanding Bill Gates's
email address so they can complain directly after demanding a
replacement windows 95 floppy or something cause they went to reformat
their hard drive on their computer and the friggin floppies have
perished with age..

Or the guy that bought a brand new scanner for his computer and the
minimum o/s spec for the scanner was windows 98 second edition. He had
windows 95 and insisted he did not need to upgrade his o/s from win 95
as his system met his needs perfectly. Until I pointed out that
apparently it does not meet his needs as his new scanner doesnt work.
(shrug)

You know, until I became a call center person, (their's the p-c in me) I
used to actually quite like people.

Toodles.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Trog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)
>You know, until I became a call center person, (their's the p-c in me) I
>used to actually quite like people.

Until you became a CCP, you were a person

Bruce

-------------------------------------
- George Bernard Shaw
- Ambrose Bierce

(if there were any)

Trog

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Trog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
>
>>You know, until I became a call center person, (their's the p-c in me) I
>>used to actually quite like people.

> Until you became a CCP, you were a person
>
> Bruce
>

> -------------------------------------
> The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
> - George Bernard Shaw
> Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
> - Ambrose Bierce
>
> Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
> (if there were any)

heh heh

SteveM

Trog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> drmofe wrote:

> Probably a fire drill dude. I worked at Microsoft a couple of years
> ago. Don't shoot me. It was a job fer fuxache. Anyway, we used to have
> drills every six months or something. Good excuse to get out and have
> an extra ciggie break in between shitty callers demanding Bill Gates's
> email address so they can complain directly after demanding a
> replacement windows 95 floppy or something cause they went to reformat
> their hard drive on their computer and the friggin floppies have
> perished with age..
>
> Or the guy that bought a brand new scanner for his computer and the
> minimum o/s spec for the scanner was windows 98 second edition. He had
> windows 95 and insisted he did not need to upgrade his o/s from win 95
> as his system met his needs perfectly. Until I pointed out that
> apparently it does not meet his needs as his new scanner doesnt work.
> (shrug)
>
> You know, until I became a call center person, (their's the p-c in me) I
> used to actually quite like people.
>
> Toodles.

Sounds like you worked for Datacom ie: Microsoft Services not Microsoft NZ

SteveM

Trog

SteveM wrote:
> Trog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>drmofe wrote:

>>Probably a fire drill dude. I worked at Microsoft a couple of years
>>ago. Don't shoot me. It was a job fer fuxache. Anyway, we used to have
>>drills every six months or something. Good excuse to get out and have
>>an extra ciggie break in between shitty callers demanding Bill Gates's
>>email address so they can complain directly after demanding a
>>replacement windows 95 floppy or something cause they went to reformat
>>their hard drive on their computer and the friggin floppies have
>>perished with age..
>>
>>Or the guy that bought a brand new scanner for his computer and the
>>minimum o/s spec for the scanner was windows 98 second edition. He had
>>windows 95 and insisted he did not need to upgrade his o/s from win 95
>>as his system met his needs perfectly. Until I pointed out that
>>apparently it does not meet his needs as his new scanner doesnt work.
>>(shrug)
>>
>>You know, until I became a call center person, (their's the p-c in me) I
>>used to actually quite like people.
>>
>>Toodles.

> Sounds like you worked for Datacom ie: Microsoft Services not Microsoft NZ
>
> SteveM

well, same thing. worked as a on tech