Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 3M Mouse Pad

3M Mouse Pad

Mrs Beeble Brock

I bought an excellent mouse pad on Trademe a while ago and now I need
another for my work computer. This is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface: it's
flat, is ideal for optical mice and its non-slip base stops it slidng
around on my desk.

Here's the question: where can I buy another? There are none being
advertised on TradeMe at present and our local computer shops are not
replying to my messages. A shop name or email link elsewhere in the
South Island would be appreciated.

I have already bought and returned a so-called "precise mousing surface"
from Dick Smith, so there's no need to suggest that particular retailer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

David Butler

any of the office supply shops should have them,

Office Products Depot, Stationary City, Warehouse Stationary, maybe even
someone like www.corpcons.co.nz

"Mrs Beeble Brock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v3oAe.196$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought an excellent mouse pad on Trademe a while ago and now I need
>another for my work computer. This is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface: it's
>flat, is ideal for optical mice and its non-slip base stops it slidng
>around on my desk.
>
> Here's the question: where can I buy another? There are none being
> advertised on TradeMe at present and our local computer shops are not
> replying to my messages. A shop name or email link elsewhere in the South
> Island would be appreciated.
>
> I have already bought and returned a so-called "precise mousing surface"
> from Dick Smith, so there's no need to suggest that particular retailer.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jo

Tony

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:10:35 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I bought an excellent mouse pad on Trademe a while ago and now I need
>another for my work computer. This is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface: it's
>flat, is ideal for optical mice and its non-slip base stops it slidng
>around on my desk.
>
>Here's the question: where can I buy another? There are none being
>advertised on TradeMe at present and our local computer shops are not
>replying to my messages. A shop name or email link elsewhere in the
>South Island would be appreciated.
>
>I have already bought and returned a so-called "precise mousing surface"
>from Dick Smith, so there's no need to suggest that particular retailer.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jo

Go Optical, cheaper than a Mouse Pad..

Their are Clone ones of the 3M design.

~misfit~

David Butler wrote:
> any of the office supply shops should have them,
>
> Office Products Depot, Stationary City, Warehouse Stationary, maybe
> even someone like www.corpcons.co.nz

I bought one a longtime ago from Warehouse stationary. They're quite
expensive but since using one I wouldn't use anything else. Now I don't use
anything other than my desk top. It's fine with my optical.
--
~misfit~

> "Mrs Beeble Brock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:v3oAe.196$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I bought an excellent mouse pad on Trademe a while ago and now I need
>> another for my work computer. This is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface:
>> it's flat, is ideal for optical mice and its non-slip base stops it
>> slidng around on my desk.
>>
>> Here's the question: where can I buy another? There are none being
>> advertised on TradeMe at present and our local computer shops are not
>> replying to my messages. A shop name or email link elsewhere in the
>> South Island would be appreciated.
>>
>> I have already bought and returned a so-called "precise mousing
>> surface" from Dick Smith, so there's no need to suggest that
>> particular retailer.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Jo

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
> I bought an excellent mouse pad on Trademe a while ago and now I need
> another for my work computer. This is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface: it's
> flat, is ideal for optical mice and its non-slip base stops it slidng
> around on my desk.
>
> Here's the question: where can I buy another? There are none being
> advertised on TradeMe at present and our local computer shops are not
> replying to my messages. A shop name or email link elsewhere in the
> South Island would be appreciated.
>
> I have already bought and returned a so-called "precise mousing surface"
> from Dick Smith, so there's no need to suggest that particular retailer.

I got my last one from Boise about two months ago.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Don Hills

Go to a hardware store and buy a pack of cork floor tiles. They work as well
as the 3M mats (I've used both) and are big enough that you can use them as
a coaster for your drink as well. When they get dirty, just throw them away
(they're biodegradable too).

Funny how things go in cycles... Originally, most mice had steel balls
covered in grey rubber. They worked on just about any surface. Then
manufacturers changed to plastic balls overed in black rubber. They slid and
skipped on many surfaces and needed pads made of wetsuit material, or the
ribbed surface on a 3M pad. I assume the manufacturers changed to plastic
balls to save a few cents on the cost, but it was more expensive for the
consumer as you now had to purchase a mousepad as well. Then they changed
back to steel balls, probably because cheaper mice meant less profit per
mouse and they could see the money going to the mouse pad manufacturers
instead.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
-- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286