Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How to delete startup password

How to delete startup password

Goalie

Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net. There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt
delete for security reasons.

nof
Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Goalie wrote:
> Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net. There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt
> delete for security reasons.

it depends on how it was done, it may be done by network policy(did it
used to be on a domain or network?), or it could just be in control
panel(users, and in the options there I think it says "require users to
press alt ctrl delete")

Where'd you get it from?

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

canon paora tikitiki

Did it fall of the back of a truck?
I'm surprised it even turned on.

canon paora tikitiki

Did it fall off the back of a truck?
I'm surprised it even turned on.

Shane

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:40:01 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Goalie wrote:
>> Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net.
>> There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt delete for security
>> reasons.

> it depends on how it was done, it may be done by network policy(did it
> used to be on a domain or network?), or it could just be in control
> panel(users, and in the options there I think it says "require users to
> press alt ctrl delete")
>

> Where'd you get it from?

its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?
after that he could choose domain or local login
after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise'

H.O.G

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:59:33 +1200, Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net>
spoke these fine words:

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:40:01 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> Goalie wrote:
>>> Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net.
>>> There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt delete for security
>>> reasons.

>its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?

It's any version of Windows that is set to require it.

OP: If you post a bit more info, such as OS version, whether you
currently know the password (ie can't get in versus removing it for
convenience), and whether there is a "domain" option under the
username and password boxes, we can probably help.

>after that he could choose domain or local login
>after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise'

Well, I hope you don't charge very much...

Goalie

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:11:20 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:59:33 +1200, Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net>
>spoke these fine words:

>>its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?

>It's any version of Windows that is set to require it.
>
>OP: If you post a bit more info, such as OS version, whether you
>currently know the password (ie can't get in versus removing it for
>convenience), and whether there is a "domain" option under the
>username and password boxes, we can probably help.
>
>>after that he could choose domain or local login
>>after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise'

>Well, I hope you don't charge very much...

I am using XP Professional. I do know the password. I have never been on a network. The reason I am in strife is that I
was fiddling with Control Panel User Accounts and Display where I was changing screen savers. There is good page on this
@ http://www.petri.co.il/index.htm but I am still working on it.
Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue