Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Trouble configuring 837 router

Trouble configuring 837 router

o_r_m@yahoo.com

Hi

I recently tried to install a 837 router. Using the CRWS dasboard page
i selected scenario setup and entered the details required (username,
ip addresses etc) supplied by my isp. I then prssed the 'Apply' button
to send this information to the router.

A message box appeared with status bar that said the settings were
being configured on the router. This message box was on the screen for
hours with the status bar repeating itself over and over.

It appears the settings are not being sent to the router. I have also
tried the quick setup option but i get the same result.

I have connected the router as per the instructions but cannot get the
settings to install. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any help would be muh appreciated.

Peter Fackrell

> Hi
>
> I recently tried to install a 837 router. Using the CRWS dasboard page
> i selected scenario setup and entered the details required (username,
> ip addresses etc) supplied by my isp. I then prssed the 'Apply' button
> to send this information to the router.
>
> A message box appeared with status bar that said the settings were
> being configured on the router. This message box was on the screen for
> hours with the status bar repeating itself over and over.
>
> It appears the settings are not being sent to the router. I have also
> tried the quick setup option but i get the same result.
>
> I have connected the router as per the instructions but cannot get the
> settings to install. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>
> Any help would be muh appreciated.

Need more information.
Try console in and do a "enable" and "sh run" command leave out real
passwords.
Also do a "sh ip int brief" command.
Post these two outputs.
Peter.

Andrius Andrius is offline
Junior Member

Have exactly the same problem. Tried looking for firmware update with no luck. Cisco support is very confusive and tricky to get through. Emailed tech support 6 days ago, still waiting for the to get back.

Andrius Andrius is offline
Junior Member

Just realized WEB interface use both Flash and Java and is tested to work properly on Netscape v4.5 and v4.7.
To be short I got it working on freshly installed Opera + laetst Flash + latest Java. Good luck.