Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Glenfield 2mb DSL users

Glenfield 2mb DSL users

XPD

Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet connection
? (DSL/UBS)
If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
Thanks

Adam

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:02 +1200, XPD wrote:

>Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet connection
>? (DSL/UBS)
>If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
>Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
>Thanks

Only 256 UBS here, but I'm in the Glenfield area, for what it's worth.
Connecting via Maxnet.

This was at lunchtime Saturday:

250.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
235.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
259.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
90.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
244.0 k United States Nibble Information

Summary
Average (New Zealand): 248.4 kbps
Average (International): 167.3 kbps

Adam.

Nathan L,

XPD wrote:
> Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet connection
> ? (DSL/UBS)
> If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
> Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
> Thanks

Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
national?

XPD

"Nathan L," <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ddqf0a$c8v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XPD wrote:
>> Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet
>> connection ? (DSL/UBS)
>> If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
>> Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
>> Thanks
>>

> Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
> national?

Heh, I was getting 2mb local and 256k intl :-p
But its been sorted, was one of Quicksilvers provider stuffing them around.

MaximumDamage

XPD wrote:
> "Nathan L," <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ddqf0a$c8v$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>XPD wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet
>>>connection ? (DSL/UBS)
>>>If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
>>>Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
>>national?

> Heh, I was getting 2mb local and 256k intl :-p
> But its been sorted, was one of Quicksilvers provider stuffing them around.

Speed Location Hosted By
4649.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
20408.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
9425.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
570.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
709.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
Summary
Average (New Zealand): 11494.7 kbps
Average (Australia): kbps
Average (International): 640.2 kbps

Now that's broadband... Shame Telstra never made it to Auckland with
their cable service. ADSL just doesn't live up to the hotair produced
by Telecom.

2Mb xD John Digital Photography 9 06-16-2007 05:31 PM
2mb service is giving me 600km in dundee ! bob Computer Support 8 01-17-2006 12:15 PM
again... any qsi 2mb users XPD NZ Computing 1 10-04-2005 09:33 AM
slow 2mb DSL ? XPD NZ Computing 16 06-29-2005 09:15 PM
How do I know if an array of Bytes is as large as 2MB Iratxe Monasterio Java 18 03-06-2004 08:19 PM

Advertisments