Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Broadband access

Broadband access

Garry Chapman

Heh do you guys living in the bush over their have as much trouble as us in
getting ADSL
Garry

Mark Remfrey

"Garry Chapman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Heh do you guys living in the bush over their have as much trouble as us
> in getting ADSL
> Garry

Nope, took me 2 days to get everything up and running..... and I'm
semi-rural.

Regards,
Mark Remfrey

Peter Huebner

> Heh do you guys living in the bush over their have as much trouble as us in
> getting ADSL
> Garry

Those of us living in the bush haven't got a show. Slightly different if
you live rural: if you're lucky and live in the right place it's fine
but if you're unlucky you're s.o.o.l. so far.

-P.

The Other Guy

Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Heh do you guys living in the bush over their have as much trouble as us in
>>getting ADSL
>>Garry

> Those of us living in the bush haven't got a show. Slightly different if
> you live rural: if you're lucky and live in the right place it's fine
> but if you're unlucky you're s.o.o.l. so far.

I live in Auckland and I'm s.o.o.l if I want anything other than
Telecoms crippled ADSL service.

Almost went to Wired Country, but they upped their prices by more than
100% for the connection I wanted. They did offer to try to create a plan
for me at a similar price to the old one because their staff gave me
misleading information. They didn't come back with a reasonable offer
only suggested I sign up for their crappy new plans with lower specs.

LOL! No.

The Other Guy

Goalie

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:48:38 +1000, "Garry Chapman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Heh do you guys living in the bush over their have as much trouble as us in
>getting ADSL
>Garry

No trouble at all as long as close enough to a telephone exchange.

Nina
Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue