Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Yay for Ubuntu

Yay for Ubuntu

XPD

Ordered some Ubuntu CDs online a couple months back via their website, and
they arrived today. Totally free - I got 5 64bit editions and 5 x86
editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation CD and one is a live test
CD

Good on ya Ubuntu

Shane

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:33:06 +1200, XPD wrote:

> Ordered some Ubuntu CDs online a couple months back via their website, and
> they arrived today. Totally free - I got 5 64bit editions and 5 x86
> editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation CD and one is a live
> test CD
>
> Good on ya Ubuntu

Thats good news
I ordered some a couple months back as well, had given up the ghost, but
might start watching the letter box now.
I was thinking (apart from the delay) it might be cheaper to distribute a
distro like this ( less bandwidth, servers arent getting thrashed, etc etc

Chris Hope

Shane wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:33:06 +1200, XPD wrote:
>
>> Ordered some Ubuntu CDs online a couple months back via their
>> website, and they arrived today. Totally free - I got 5 64bit
>> editions and 5 x86 editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation
>> CD and one is a live test CD
>>
>> Good on ya Ubuntu

> Thats good news
> I ordered some a couple months back as well, had given up the ghost,
> but
> might start watching the letter box now.
> I was thinking (apart from the delay) it might be cheaper to
> distribute a distro like this ( less bandwidth, servers arent getting
> thrashed, etc etc

It's funny - even though they give it away for free it's still my 4th
top seller. I guess a lot of people don't know they can get it for free
direct from the source. Mind you, 2 months is a long time to wait...

AD.

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:51:45 +1200, Chris Hope wrote:

> It's funny - even though they give it away for free it's still my 4th top
> seller. I guess a lot of people don't know they can get it for free direct
> from the source. Mind you, 2 months is a long time to wait...

Yeah, Hoary had come out by the time my Warty CDs arrived. But I still
didn't mind - they all found homes.

--
Cheers
Anton

Shane

w00tz0r!
(I think thats how the young folk speak these days)
I got 10 Ubuntu for x86 and 2 for AMD 64 today
Am just working on acquiring a celery 466 with 64 MB RAM and 9.6 GB HDD so
the timing couldnt be betterer (its a word)

Re: Ubuntu is About to Drop Another Turd! Ubuntu 10.04 Clogwog Computer Support 0 04-29-2010 08:00 PM
Learn python packaging for Ubuntu and Debian in the Ubuntu Open Week SPE - Stani's Python Editor Python 1 04-29-2008 11:51 AM
1.8 Alpha. Yay. Poly-poly man Firefox 1 02-16-2005 10:11 PM
YAY - - Firefox 0.8 is out!!! WhiTe_DeViL Firefox 1 02-11-2004 07:09 PM

Advertisments