Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise Net Web Site Problem

Paradise Net Web Site Problem

Kim

I have been trying to change my password at Paradise Net. However, when I
click on the members' tab in the Paradise Net web site, I am not asked for a
password, but I just get the following message:

Error - 401: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access
the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong password or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Please return to our home page and navigate from the main menu

No matter what I do I always get this message. Can anyone tell me how I can
"teach" my browser to understand how to supply the required credentials?

Thanks

E. Scrooge

"Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been trying to change my password at Paradise Net. However, when I
> click on the members' tab in the Paradise Net web site, I am not asked for

> password, but I just get the following message:
>
> Error - 401: This server could not verify that you are authorized to

access
> the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong password or your
> browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
>
> Please return to our home page and navigate from the main menu
>
> No matter what I do I always get this message. Can anyone tell me how I

can
> "teach" my browser to understand how to supply the required credentials?
>
> Thanks

Is cookies on?

E. Scrooge

Roger Dewhurst

"Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been trying to change my password at Paradise Net. However, when I
> click on the members' tab in the Paradise Net web site, I am not asked for

> password, but I just get the following message:
>
> Error - 401: This server could not verify that you are authorized to

access
> the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong password or your
> browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Have Paradise got a telephone number? If so use it. If they supply the
service they have a duty to help you fix problems like this.

A.D.

Kim wrote:
> I have been trying to change my password at Paradise Net. However, when I
> click on the members' tab in the Paradise Net web site, I am not asked for a
> password, but I just get the following message:
>
> Error - 401: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access
> the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong password or your
> browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
>
> Please return to our home page and navigate from the main menu
>
> No matter what I do I always get this message. Can anyone tell me how I can
> "teach" my browser to understand how to supply the required credentials?
>
> Thanks

To fix this problem, close the browser window (the one giving you the
error) and open a new browser window.

Each browser window has a separate session with the paradise website.
That error message is only displayed after a couple of incorrect
guesses. You can not teach your browser to get around this one.

Cheers
A.D.

Kim

Thanks for these replies. I tried opening new browser windows until there
were 5 of them open at once. Not one of these attempts let me into the
members' area. I have cookies enabled thanks Scrooge. I don't understand
what you mean by "a couple of incorrect guesses". I have not been asked to
supply my password. I might try to do it on another computer and see what
happens. Paradise Net has got a lot worse lately and during busy times in
the evening it is hard to even get on. Perhaps I need a new ISP, are there
any that don't suffer from overload problems and which don't keeep telling
you that they are under frequent attack so that you have to change your
password regularly?

Thanks

"A.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kim wrote:
>> I have been trying to change my password at Paradise Net. However, when I
>> click on the members' tab in the Paradise Net web site, I am not asked
>> for a password, but I just get the following message:
>>
>> Error - 401: This server could not verify that you are authorized to
>> access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong password or
>> your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
>>
>> Please return to our home page and navigate from the main menu
>>
>> No matter what I do I always get this message. Can anyone tell me how I
>> can "teach" my browser to understand how to supply the required
>> credentials?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> To fix this problem, close the browser window (the one giving you the
> error) and open a new browser window.
>
> Each browser window has a separate session with the paradise website. That
> error message is only displayed after a couple of incorrect guesses. You
> can not teach your browser to get around this one.
>
> Cheers
> A.D.

a.d. (formerly A.D.)

Kim wrote:
> Thanks for these replies. I tried opening new browser windows until there
> were 5 of them open at once. Not one of these attempts let me into the
> members' area. I have cookies enabled thanks Scrooge. I don't understand
> what you mean by "a couple of incorrect guesses". I have not been asked to
> supply my password. I might try to do it on another computer and see what
> happens. Paradise Net has got a lot worse lately and during busy times in
> the evening it is hard to even get on. Perhaps I need a new ISP, are there
> any that don't suffer from overload problems and which don't keeep telling
> you that they are under frequent attack so that you have to change your
> password regularly?
>
> Thanks

I have another suggestion. The page may be cached on your computer and
not loading a fresh copy from the server.

To fix this:
- go to the homepage, http://www.paradise.net.nz/
- press the CTRL and F5 keys at the same time

This is called a "hard refresh". After preforming a hard refresh, click
the members button and it should give you the username/password prompt.

Also, as for alternative ISPs, clear.net (still TelstraClear) works well
for me. Never had a problem with access, overloading yet.

A.D.

Kim

Thanks AD for your "hard refresh" suggestion. However, this did not work,
perhaps there is a setting in the browser that needs to be altered?

"a.d. (formerly A.D.)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kim wrote:
>> Thanks for these replies. I tried opening new browser windows until there
>> were 5 of them open at once. Not one of these attempts let me into the
>> members' area. I have cookies enabled thanks Scrooge. I don't understand
>> what you mean by "a couple of incorrect guesses". I have not been asked
>> to supply my password. I might try to do it on another computer and see
>> what happens. Paradise Net has got a lot worse lately and during busy
>> times in the evening it is hard to even get on. Perhaps I need a new ISP,
>> are there any that don't suffer from overload problems and which don't
>> keeep telling you that they are under frequent attack so that you have to
>> change your password regularly?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I have another suggestion. The page may be cached on your computer and not
>
> To fix this:
> - go to the homepage, http://www.paradise.net.nz/
> - press the CTRL and F5 keys at the same time
>
> This is called a "hard refresh". After preforming a hard refresh, click
> the members button and it should give you the username/password prompt.
>
> Also, as for alternative ISPs, clear.net (still TelstraClear) works well
> for me. Never had a problem with access, overloading yet.
>
> A.D.

a.d. (formerly A.D.)

Kim wrote:
> Thanks AD for your "hard refresh" suggestion. However, this did not work,
> perhaps there is a setting in the browser that needs to be altered?

You've stumped me. I'm out. Paradise Faults 0800 467 272, say "technical
assistance" and pray for a short wait in the queue.

A.D.

Kim

"a.d. (formerly A.D.)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ccffac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kim wrote:
>> Thanks AD for your "hard refresh" suggestion. However, this did not work,
>> perhaps there is a setting in the browser that needs to be altered?
>>

> You've stumped me. I'm out. Paradise Faults 0800 467 272, say "technical
> assistance" and pray for a short wait in the queue.

Just for the record, Paradise Faults could not sort this one out. The fact
that I cannot access the members' section of the Paradise web site with
Microsoft Internet Explorer is unusual because I have no trouble in
accessing the e-mail section of their web site with this program. A friend
suggested I should install the Mozilla Firefox browser, and I am pleased to
report that this browser is able to access BOTH the members' and e-mail
sections of the Paradise Net web site. This would indicate that Internet
Explorer has some incorrect settings, is corrupted, or that the members'
section of the Paradise Net web site needs revision so that it will always
recognize a request from Internet Explorer for access. Any suggestions about
what may be the problem with my Internet Explorer program would be welcome.

Max Burke

> Kim scribbled:
> Just for the record, Paradise Faults could not sort this one out. The
> fact that I cannot access the members' section of the Paradise web
> site with Microsoft Internet Explorer is unusual because I have no
> trouble in accessing the e-mail section of their web site with this
> program.

Have you added the paradise URL to IE's trusted sites zone?

Here's their main/home website: http://www2.paradise.net.nz

Add that to the trusted sites zone and you should be able to access the
members page...

Found Images