Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > nVidia s-video - component video adapter?

nVidia s-video - component video adapter?

JohnO

Hi Folks,

My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type. The card
did not come with the Component cable adapter and the suppliers
(xpcomputers) have been useless.

Doees anyone know where I can get a suitable adapter?

TIA,
JohnO

Tony

On 4 Jul 2005 20:52:12 -0700, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
>connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type. The card
>did not come with the Component cable adapter and the suppliers
>(xpcomputers) have been useless.
>
>Doees anyone know where I can get a suitable adapter?
>
>TIA,
>JohnO

Yes from the suppliers or Agent..

David Preece

JohnO wrote:
> My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
> connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type.

From memory, which means I could well be wrong, s-video contains a luma
channel and a joint cb/cr channel. I.e. pulling it apart into YCbCr or
even RGB is way beyond trivial. You'd probably do better looking to hook
the DVI plug (it does have DVI, right) into the HDTV, many of which
apparently ship with DVI.

Cheers,
Dave

Richard

David Preece wrote:
> JohnO wrote:
>
>> My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
>> connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type.

> From memory, which means I could well be wrong, s-video contains a luma
> channel and a joint cb/cr channel. I.e. pulling it apart into YCbCr or
> even RGB is way beyond trivial. You'd probably do better looking to hook
> the DVI plug (it does have DVI, right) into the HDTV, many of which
> apparently ship with DVI.

its other pins on the same plug, not an adaptor that pulls the svideo signal
apart to make component.