Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT: railway sleepers

OT: railway sleepers

Bruce Sinclair

In article <42c8b8c4$(E-Mail Removed)>, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>SNOman wrote:
>> Hi All
>> Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
>> nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
>> unpleasant experience and as you are all such a knowledgable bunce I'm
>> sure someone will have an appropriate answer.
>>
>> As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have
>> found a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better
>> price?
>>
>> Thanks

>nz.tech?

nz.wanted ??

Bruce

-------------------------------------
- George Bernard Shaw
- Ambrose Bierce

(if there were any)

SNOman

Hi All

Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
unpleasant experience and as you are all such a knowledgable bunce I'm
sure someone will have an appropriate answer.

As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have
found a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better
price?

Thanks

thing

SNOman wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
> nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
> unpleasant experience and as you are all such a knowledgable bunce I'm
> sure someone will have an appropriate answer.
>
> As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have
> found a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better
> price?
>
> Thanks

nz.tech?

treated or un-treated? ie creosoted or not?

Untreated Macrocarpa "sleepers" can be bought from building/garden
suppliers so maybe ring around? but they are in the order of
$25~30....in WGTN the best price I know of is/was $27......

regards

Thing

BTMO

"SNOman" <> wrote

> As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have found
> a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better price?

If you are after authentic railway sleepers, $30 sounds about right.

If you want a piece of timber of the approximate dimensions listed above,
try the local Mitre 10 builders depot. I got half a dozen pieces (in
Wellington - Lower Hutt - admittedly) that size for a project at our place
for about $15 each - and they cut them to length for me at no extra cost...

Cheers,

Brenton

N.Oway

SNOman wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
> nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
> unpleasant experience

misc.transport.rail.australia-nz