Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 877 adsl capacity

877 adsl capacity

jamie

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Cisco 877W type router - the specs on cisco
say the following:

ST-Micro DynaMiTe (formerly Alcatel Micro Electronics) ADSL Chipset (20190)

∑ T1.413 ANSI ADSL DMT issue 2
∑ G.992.1 ITU G.DMT support
∑ G.992.3 ITU G.hs ADSL type negotiation
∑ G.992.3 (ADSL 2)/G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
∑ DSL Forum TR-067
The chipset does not provide interoperability with carrierless amplitude
modulation/phase modulation (CAP)-based ADSL lines.

I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am
thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity or
do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum
allowed is?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jamie

Neil Cherry

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:59:43 +0100, jamie wrote:
> Hi all,

> I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am
> thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity or
> do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum
> allowed is?

According to the Cisco router performance sheet it can CEF switch at a
rate of 25000 pps (64 byte packets). That comes out to ~12Mbps so it
sounds like your OK. These numbers seem to be pretty much inline with
what we've tested in the lab.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site

jamie

Perfect - thank you!

"Neil Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:59:43 +0100, jamie wrote:
>> Hi all,

>> I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am
>> thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity
>> or
>> do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum
>> allowed is?

> According to the Cisco router performance sheet it can CEF switch at a
> rate of 25000 pps (64 byte packets). That comes out to ~12Mbps so it
> sounds like your OK. These numbers seem to be pretty much inline with
> what we've tested in the lab.
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
> http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ Backup site

Cisco 877 ADSL problem connecting gastonp50 Hardware 0 03-30-2008 10:50 AM
bridge + cisco 877 + ADSL MK Cisco 2 12-02-2006 11:01 AM
Cisco 877 ADSL Router/WiFi nordberg Cisco 1 06-06-2006 05:49 PM
Cisco 877 ADSL/Wifi nordberg Cisco 1 05-17-2006 09:24 AM
DVD stated capacity vs Ulead Movie factory stated capacity ftran999 Computer Support 5 11-23-2004 08:43 AM

Advertisments