Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > "boss" website?

"boss" website?

Mrs Beeble Brock

Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that, when
you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something that
looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever, it was
also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

I can't for the life of me remember this site's address. It may have
been mentioned here, or in Netguide, or somewhere else that posters here
might have seen it, so I thought I'd check in case it rings any bells.
Searching for "excel boss spreadsheet, etc" hasn't turned it up.

If anyone can recommend such a site, I'd be really grateful - my boss at
work sits immediately behind me and on boring days it's hard to keep
looking busy.

Jo

Matty F

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that, when
> you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something that
> looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever, it was
> also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

How about:
http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg

Robert Cooze

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that, when
> you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something that
> looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever, it was
> also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.
>
> I can't for the life of me remember this site's address. It may have
> been mentioned here, or in Netguide, or somewhere else that posters here
> might have seen it, so I thought I'd check in case it rings any bells.
> Searching for "excel boss spreadsheet, etc" hasn't turned it up.
>
> If anyone can recommend such a site, I'd be really grateful - my boss at
> work sits immediately behind me and on boring days it's hard to keep
> looking busy.
>
> Jo

A verry long time ago I had a wee proggie on the amiga that with a hot
key vilola spread sheet and the works would pop up also it was a screen
saver too

Mrs Beeble Brock

Matty F wrote:
> Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,
>> when you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something
>> that looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever,
>> it was also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

> How about:
> http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg

No no, this is a site that turns the actual URL into a spreadsheet look.
It's easy enough to alt-tab when the boss arrives, but my boss sits
behind me permanently so it needs to a full-time disguise.

Matty F

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

> Matty F wrote:
>
>> Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,
>>> when you typed in a url, it turned that url's website into something
>>> that looked like an Excel spreadsheet. Aside from being very clever,
>>> it was also useful for pretending to be working when surfing.

>> How about:
>> http://tinypic.com/6o0dp0.jpg
>>

> No no, this is a site that turns the actual URL into a spreadsheet look.
> It's easy enough to alt-tab when the boss arrives, but my boss sits
> behind me permanently so it needs to a full-time disguise.

Ah that's clever, for text. For some reason I was assuming that
you were looking at pictures

Dave Taylor

Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jKbye.12713$U4.1545558
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,

Google turned this up, looks like there might be something close if you
poke around a bit
http://www.donsbosspage.com/promote.shtml

Some of it didn't like my Firefox, IE was ok.

--
Ciao, Dave

Mrs Beeble Brock

Dave Taylor wrote:

> Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jKbye.12713$U4.1545558
> @news.xtra.co.nz:
>

>>Hi guys, a couple of years back someone recommended a website that,

> Google turned this up, looks like there might be something close if you
> poke around a bit
> http://www.donsbosspage.com/promote.shtml
>
> Some of it didn't like my Firefox, IE was ok.

Yes, I'd found that page also when Googling. Nearly but not quite the
one I'm looking for. Thanks for posting.