Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > auction city

auction city

S Roby

Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
The reserves are in LaLa land.
For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of the
auction??

Richard

S Roby wrote:
> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
> The reserves are in LaLa land.
> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of the
> auction??

The point is to make money from those that bid on it.

Harry

S Roby wrote:

> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
> The reserves are in LaLa land.
> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of
> the auction??

The spiel for each item seems to suggest that it is being written
by the same person, so it isn't exactly like you are buying things
off a whole lot of private individuals. You'd better off looking
at the For Sale columns of your local free-delivery rag.

DaveD

S Roby wrote:

> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
> The reserves are in LaLa land.
> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of the
> auction??

This says it all really.

> AuctionCity Ltd is a New Zealand Company and is a trading subsidiary of

Black Diamond Technologies Ltd - a company which has traded successfully in
New Zealand for over 20 years. We have over 70 staff and offer all our
Members full Customer Services and Technical support on all our products.
We have Branches around New Zealand - see below for full address and
phone details.

Then, a little further on

> AuctionCity currently has the support of top quality products from the

suppliers of:
> RCA, OASIS, Uniden, Electrolux, Mitsubishi Canon, Roadshow, Salter,

Gigabyte, Haier, Alto and more?

Mercury

it sounds like melco.

"DaveD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da5md5$2t9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>S Roby wrote:
>
>> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
>> The reserves are in LaLa land.
>> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of
>> the auction??

> This says it all really.
>
>> AuctionCity Ltd is a New Zealand Company and is a trading subsidiary of

> Black Diamond Technologies Ltd - a company which has traded successfully
> in
> New Zealand for over 20 years. We have over 70 staff and offer all our
> Members full Customer Services and Technical support on all our products.
> We have Branches around New Zealand - see below for full address and phone
> details.
>
> Then, a little further on
>
>> AuctionCity currently has the support of top quality products from the

> suppliers of:
>> RCA, OASIS, Uniden, Electrolux, Mitsubishi Canon, Roadshow, Salter,

> Gigabyte, Haier, Alto and more?

SteveM

"Mercury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:da5n0f$464$(E-Mail Removed):

> it sounds like melco.
>
> "DaveD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:da5md5$2t9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>S Roby wrote:
>>
>>> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
>>> The reserves are in LaLa land.
>>> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the
>>> point of the auction??

>> This says it all really.
>>
>>> AuctionCity Ltd is a New Zealand Company and is a trading subsidiary
>>> of

>> Black Diamond Technologies Ltd - a company which has traded
>> successfully in
>> New Zealand for over 20 years. We have over 70 staff and offer all
>> our Members full Customer Services and Technical support on all our
>> products. We have Branches around New Zealand - see below for full
>> address and phone details.
>>
>> Then, a little further on
>>
>>> AuctionCity currently has the support of top quality products from
>>> the

>> suppliers of:
>>> RCA, OASIS, Uniden, Electrolux, Mitsubishi Canon, Roadshow, Salter,

>> Gigabyte, Haier, Alto and more?

It is Melco, or what was Melco. They have been known as BDT for a number
of years now.

They sell almost all of their stock that has benn returned by resellers
for one reason or another through the Auction site. Reasonably smart on
their part.

SteveM

Mercury

I had a good chuckle after that post as the product line fit so well.
Some of the prices are ridiculous. None are attractive that I noticed.
If one is to pay that high an amount then using "Auction" to dodge the CGA
is well dodgy.

It is preying on people.

"SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9687E862671FEsdmccremovemeparadis@203.109. 252.31...
> "Mercury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:da5n0f$464$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> it sounds like melco.
>>
>> "DaveD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:da5md5$2t9$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> This says it all really.

>>> Black Diamond Technologies Ltd - a company which has traded
>>> successfully in
>>> New Zealand for over 20 years. We have over 70 staff and offer all
>>> our Members full Customer Services and Technical support on all our
>>> products. We have Branches around New Zealand - see below for full
>>> address and phone details.
>>>
>>> Then, a little further on

>>> suppliers of:
>>> Gigabyte, Haier, Alto and more?
>>>

> It is Melco, or what was Melco. They have been known as BDT for a number
> of years now.
>
> They sell almost all of their stock that has benn returned by resellers
> for one reason or another through the Auction site. Reasonably smart on
> their part.
>
> SteveM

thing

S Roby wrote:
> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
> The reserves are in LaLa land.
> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of the
> auction??

catch the gullable?

It isnt an auction....it is a single company selling its stock at either
retail or close to it, or selling damaged goods at what they think
they are worth, even if the reality is they are worthless...one to void
I would suggest.

regards

Thing

Dave - Dave.net.nz

S Roby wrote:
> Just had a quick look at Auction City (www.auctioncity.co.nz)
> The reserves are in LaLa land.
> For many items I can go into a shop & buy for less, so whats the point of the
> auction??

to make money... just like trademe... there are very few "bargains", but
plenty of people making plenty of money from selling there...

idiot born every minute, scammer born every half minute to take advantage.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Okay to Auction? Tony S Cisco 2 04-16-2005 06:02 PM
Auction website additions Dave Horoschak Perl 0 03-06-2004 06:02 AM
Amazon Auction for MS Visual C#.NET Training course News charter MCSD 2 10-24-2003 04:50 AM
Amazon Auction for C#.NET training course News charter MCSD 0 10-22-2003 11:34 PM
Auction City max NZ Computing 1 09-07-2003 02:45 AM

Advertisments