Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows 2k "SP4.5" released yesterday

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows 2k "SP4.5" released yesterday

 
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2005
~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.


--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
H.O.G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2005
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:51:45 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these fine words:

>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.


And a URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

or http://tinyurl.com/a2xua

Good on MS. I wish they did this more often.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mutlley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2005
H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:51:45 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
><(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these fine words:
>
>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.

>
>And a URL:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
>or http://tinyurl.com/a2xua
>
>Good on MS. I wish they did this more often.


I notice that it requires you to validate your copy of Winblows before
you can down load it..


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Other Guy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2005
Mutlley wrote:
> I notice that it requires you to validate your copy of Winblows before
> you can down load it..


Actually you don't have to, you can skip the validation and download it
anyway.

The Other Guy
 
Reply With Quote
 
H.O.G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005
On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:17:48 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
spoke these fine words:

>H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:51:45 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these fine words:
>>
>>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.

>>
>>And a URL:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>>or http://tinyurl.com/a2xua
>>
>>Good on MS. I wish they did this more often.

>
>I notice that it requires you to validate your copy of Winblows before
>you can down load it..
>

Problem being?

(And actually, you can choose not to - it's more for those that are
unaware they have a pirated copy of Windows, eg if they thought they
bought a full version, but were ripped off by the dealer who installed
a pirated copy).
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence DčOliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.


Why the fractional numbering?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2005
Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.


> Why the fractional numbering?


because it is not a SP as such, just a collection of updates.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence DčOliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
>>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.

>
>> Why the fractional numbering?

>
>because it is not a SP as such, just a collection of updates.


But isn't that what a service pack is?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2005
Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
>>>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.
>>>Why the fractional numbering?

>>because it is not a SP as such, just a collection of updates.


> But isn't that what a service pack is?


it depends on what you want to call a collection of updates...
I call it a SP, hence why I called it "SP4.5" rather than collection of
updates.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence DčOliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
>>>>>~35MB of updates that were released since SP4.
>>>>Why the fractional numbering?
>>>because it is not a SP as such, just a collection of updates.

>
>> But isn't that what a service pack is?

>
>it depends on what you want to call a collection of updates...
>I call it a SP...


So you call a collection of updates a service pack.

>...hence why I called it "SP4.5" rather than collection of
>updates.


So you don't call a collection of updates a service pack.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EasyBCD 1.7.2 released yesterday Carlos Windows 64bit 1 04-09-2008 09:05 PM
OT - Memtest86 3.4a released yesterday Carlos Windows 64bit 2 12-28-2007 04:26 PM
Infrarecorder 0.44.1 released yesterday Carlos Windows 64bit 11 12-10-2007 02:26 PM
Nero 6.6.1.5 released yesterday =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 1 05-07-2007 01:18 PM
Avast Antivirus 4.6.763 released yesterday =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 0 01-29-2006 05:11 PM



Advertisments