Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > MN-500 - Cannot program

MN-500 - Cannot program

=?Utf-8?B?R2FsZmFubw==?=

I moved my wireless router and modem downstairs to connect to my downstairs
laptop (as opposed to upstairs). If I connect the modem directly to the
laptop, I can get online. However, if I try to add my MN-500 to the setup, I
can't even configure it. I installed the Broadband Network Utility and
everytime I am in process of configuring the router I get stopped.

I've successfully got it to detect my base station, I click next. I put in
my SSID and channel, click next. For now, I choose no wireless security (I do
have it connecting via cat5 - but my upstairs will be accessing via
wireless). But for now, I select no. I put in my base station password,
click next. View details, click next. It says "programming base station.

This is where I get stopped. It says to disable any firewall (which I
already had disabled my McAfee and I (am pretty sure) the windows firewall is
disabled...it says off anyway. I've also tried resetting the base station,
but I keep getting the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!