Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > P2P Software Makers no Liable.

P2P Software Makers no Liable.

Tony

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that companies that sell
file-sharing software can be held liable for copyright infringement.

US laws is so crappy or Corrupt

What does this conclusion not apply to Gun Makers..?

FreedomChooser

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:42:44 +1200, Tony
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that companies that sell
>file-sharing software can be held liable for copyright infringement.
>

>US laws is so crappy or Corrupt
>
>What does this conclusion not apply to Gun Makers..?

What does gun making have to do with file sharing

Allistar

FreedomChooser wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:42:44 +1200, Tony
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that companies that sell
>>file-sharing software can be held liable for copyright infringement.
>>

>>US laws is so crappy or Corrupt
>>
>>What does this conclusion not apply to Gun Makers..?

> What does gun making have to do with file sharing

Guns can be used for legal AND illegal purposes. Just like file sharing.

Allistar.

JBO

Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> FreedomChooser wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:42:44 +1200, Tony
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>

> >>The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that companies that sell
> >>file-sharing software can be held liable for copyright infringement.
> >>

> >>US laws is so crappy or Corrupt
> >>
> >>What does this conclusion not apply to Gun Makers..?

> > What does gun making have to do with file sharing

> Guns can be used for legal AND illegal purposes. Just like file sharing.

Our Paddy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Aaron Lawrence

At that very moment, Tony turned to nz.comp and said

> The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that companies that sell
> file-sharing software can be held liable for copyright infringement.
>

> US laws is so crappy or Corrupt

Yes, indeed, they are continuing to nibble away at their freedoms.

Unfortunately other countries trying to be friends with the "great
consumer" will follow suit...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and