Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PST recovery

PST recovery

XPD

Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
Its 600mb+, created in Outlook 2000, however O2k claims there is an eror and
wont open it. Ran ScanPST which found errors and said it fixed them but it
still wont open. Same happens when trying to open the PST under Outlook
XP/2003. Have tried a couple of progs from the net, but only 1 found some
emails but not 600mb worth.

Ideas/recommendations appeciated

PS: Excuse my bad typing today, the R and C keys on this K/B are dodgy

Tim

Try OutlookRecovery.
Worked near 100% for a PST that was otherwise completely shot.

- Tim

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
> Its 600mb+, created in Outlook 2000, however O2k claims there is an eror
> and wont open it. Ran ScanPST which found errors and said it fixed them
> but it still wont open. Same happens when trying to open the PST under
> Outlook XP/2003. Have tried a couple of progs from the net, but only 1
> found some emails but not 600mb worth.
>
> Ideas/recommendations appeciated
>
> PS: Excuse my bad typing today, the R and C keys on this K/B are dodgy

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
>Its 600mb+...

I would *never* keep more than the last month or so's worth of e-mail in
Outlook or any other MUA-proprietary format. Once it gets beyond that, I
extract it all to RFC2822 plain-text format (the format in which it was
transmitted across the Internet) and save it in text files. It's harder
to corrupt a text file, and it's easier to move it cross-platform, too.

XPD

"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
>>Its 600mb+...

> I would *never* keep more than the last month or so's worth of e-mail in
> Outlook or any other MUA-proprietary format. Once it gets beyond that, I
> extract it all to RFC2822 plain-text format (the format in which it was
> transmitted across the Internet) and save it in text files. It's harder
> to corrupt a text file, and it's easier to move it cross-platform, too.

I dont use Outlook myself, this is for a client.... 90% of our clients keep
ALL their email in a single PST....weve warned them this sort of thing can
happen but they dont listen :-p
And who do they come to when it all goes wrong....... guess it keeps me in
work