Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco routers and second layer protocols

cisco routers and second layer protocols

kazdan@gmail.com

with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i
configer ther router to work with them?

thank you

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i
>configer ther router to work with them?

I suspect that "second layer protocols" is what would more commonly
be called "Layer 2 protocols".

The Layer 2 protocols supported by a Cisco router depend upon the
router model, installed equipment, and IOS version.

I prefer not to answer open ended questions about support for
some particular feature "on Cisco routers" because in order to
answer accurately, I would have to research each IOS version for
every router and show all the differences in configuration that have
ever exist. That takes a long time, and documentation for IOS
versions before 11.2 is hard to find. And really, what good would
it do you to be told the exact way to configure some protocol
that no-one ever uses anymore on a router that has not been made
for 15 years on an IOS version that people barely remember?

If you have questions about the configuration of *specific* protocols
and a narrow range of routers and a narrow range of IOS versions, then
people might be able to point you to the applicable documentation.

If you want to explore, then you can use
http://www.cisco.com/go/fn
and select the search by feature, and look through the list of
"features" that Cisco has indexed.

Dick Dastardly

> with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i
> configer ther router to work with them?
>
> thank you

Kazdan

Your question is TOOOO generic.

Is there a specific Layer 2 issue that you're dealing with?

DD