Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Internet usage software recomendations ?

Internet usage software recomendations ?

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

tHe otHer BeaTle wrote:
> Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my cap of
> 5gig.
> Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
> prefarably free

Not sure about a software solution, but does your ISP provide
a means on their website to check yer account usage? It would
be pretty rare (and poor) to not have such a feature...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

gavin

~misfit~ wrote:

> <Xposting removed>
>
> gavin wrote:
> > This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your internet
> > usage...
> >
> > Traffic Usage Checker
> > http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
> >
> > Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.
> >
> > It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your
> > system tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually etc.

> <top-posting for a weird sort of continuity>
>
> From the page you linked it appears that it only works with Jetstream. The
> OP only said that he had "cable". It may not be Jetstream. I guess it
> doesn't work with UBS either.....
> --
> ~misfit~

No. It also works with Paradise ADSL and Cable connections.

~misfit~

gavin wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> <Xposting removed>
>>
>> gavin wrote:
>>> This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your
>>> internet usage...
>>>
>>> Traffic Usage Checker
>>> http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
>>>
>>> Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.
>>>
>>> It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your
>>> system tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually
>>> etc.

>> <top-posting for a weird sort of continuity>
>>
>> From the page you linked it appears that it only works with
>> Jetstream. The OP only said that he had "cable". It may not be
>> Jetstream. I guess it doesn't work with UBS either.....

> No. It also works with Paradise ADSL and Cable connections.

Ok, thanks. The page was a little misleading. maybe it was written when you
had the choice of Jetstream or Jetstream.
--
~misfit~