Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TradeMe can be entertaining.

TradeMe can be entertaining.

I'm a Trampoline

Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
customer. Haha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm

They wanted $140.

Richard

I'm a Trampoline wrote:
> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
> customer. Haha.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>

> They wanted $140.

I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few answer
the questions...

Allistar

Richard wrote:

> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>> customer. Haha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm

>> They wanted $140.

> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
> answer the questions...

That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

Allistar.

I'm a Trampoline

Richard wrote:
> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>
>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>> customer. Haha.
>>
>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>

>> They wanted $140.

> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
> answer the questions...

I just told someone to give me a fixed price offer of $70 for a used
(without packet) 1 gig flash drive if they want to sell it. (Current
PriceSpy minimum is $110, albeit for a cheaper brand.) They offered $95,
$5 more than their reserve! I got the PriceSpy cheapie instead.

When it comes to electrical goods, too many sellers base their reserve
on what they paid for it, rather than what an equivalent item costs
today. This usually results in a reserve as high as what you could get
the new equivalet for.

thing

I'm a Trampoline wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>>
>>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>>> customer. Haha.
>>>
>>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>>

>>> They wanted $140.

>> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so
>> few answer the questions...

> I just told someone to give me a fixed price offer of $70 for a used
> (without packet) 1 gig flash drive if they want to sell it. (Current
> PriceSpy minimum is $110, albeit for a cheaper brand.) They offered $95,
> $5 more than their reserve! I got the PriceSpy cheapie instead.
>
> When it comes to electrical goods, too many sellers base their reserve
> on what they paid for it, rather than what an equivalent item costs
> today. This usually results in a reserve as high as what you could get
> the new equivalet for.

Yep.

pricespy is your friend......

Some stuff is cheaper, GPS's seem cheaper because they are grey imported
but some computer stuff on trademe is the same price as DSE or even
more (postage)....

regards

Thing

JohnO

I found this to be particularly true of plasma tv's and computers -
both items where the price/performance ratio is perpetually falling.

Gordon

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:25:07 +1200, Allistar wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
>> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>>> customer. Haha.
>>>

> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>>

>>> They wanted $140.

>> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
>> answer the questions...

> That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
> seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

So in effect you are saying that what one sees is censored? In effect it
is positive spin for TradeMe and the seller.

What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

Shane

>> That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
>> seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

> So in effect you are saying that what one sees is censored? In effect it
> is positive spin for TradeMe and the seller.
>
> What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

Arent the questions also 'published' after an auction has completed?
and, the feedback is different from the questions, you can view anyones
feedback by clicking on their nick and following appropriate links

Richard

Shane wrote:

> Arent the questions also 'published' after an auction has completed?
> and, the feedback is different from the questions, you can view anyones
> feedback by clicking on their nick and following appropriate links

Yeah they are, so it pays to search the item in closed auctions and see what
people asked about it...

Steve Marshall

Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
auction may be dodgy.

trademe con? - $10 to ask a question bruce NZ Computing 44 03-14-2010 03:59 AM
Trademe alternatives? paora NZ Computing 7 03-14-2010 03:53 AM
Trademe idiots Weez NZ Computing 57 05-20-2004 05:19 AM
Question about "TradeMe" bidding Craig NZ Computing 2 01-27-2004 08:51 AM
TradeMe strangeness JD NZ Computing 16 08-08-2003 06:08 AM

Advertisments