Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TradeMe can be entertaining.

TradeMe can be entertaining.

Invisible

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:39:13 +1200, Steve Marshall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

>The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
>auction may be dodgy.

Not necessarily. Some questions are so lame they're not worth answering.

Mark

My favourite was the guy who got grumpy when I suggested his 025 phone for
$500 'which comes with its own number' might be worth $25......

I like that - a phone with its own number - next it will be cars with their
own wheels......

"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:39:13 +1200, Steve Marshall <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

>>The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
>>auction may be dodgy.

> Not necessarily. Some questions are so lame they're not worth answering.

Steve Marshall

Invisible wrote:

>>The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
>>auction may be dodgy.

>Not necessarily. Some questions are so lame they're not worth answering.

That's why I said "may be". I figure no question is so lame that it's
not worth answering. But that may be clear already.

~misfit~

Invisible wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:39:13 +1200, Steve Marshall <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when
>>> responed to?

>> The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
>> auction may be dodgy.

> Not necessarily. Some questions are so lame they're not worth
> answering.

Purely from my own point of view, if there are unanswered questions on an
auction, and they're still unanswered 12-24 hours later I don't bid. I
figure either the vendor is lackadaisical or the product is bad and
answering the question would show that.

I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no matter how
lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

JMO.
--
~misfit~

Steve Marshall

"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no matter how
>lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of informing
a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT monitor" is.

Harry

Steve Marshall wrote:

> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no matter how
>>lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

> That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of informing
> a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT monitor" is.

Mine is 16 1/2".

-=rjh=-

Harry wrote:
> Steve Marshall wrote:
>

>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no matter how
>>>lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

>>That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of informing
>>a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT monitor" is.

> Mine is 16 1/2".

Maybe, but if you give that as an answer, some trademe buyers will think
that they are being ripped off and go and bid on a different 17" monitor.

Invisible

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:46:52 +1200, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Harry wrote:
>> Steve Marshall wrote:

>>>That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of informing
>>>a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT monitor" is.

>> Mine is 16 1/2".
>>

>Maybe, but if you give that as an answer, some trademe buyers will think
>that they are being ripped off and go and bid on a different 17" monitor.

That's true! Some bidders aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. DVD title
listed in the DVD category "Is this a DVD or Video tape?", duhhhhh.

~misfit~

Steve Marshall wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no
>> matter how lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

> That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of informing
> a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT monitor" is.

LOL. I haven't sold anything on Trademe for a while but I swear half of my
replies started "As I stated in the description......." or "As the title of
the auction states........"
--
~misfit~

Roger Johnstone

In <S3Tue.9985$(E-Mail Removed)> Harry wrote:
> Steve Marshall wrote:
>
>> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I answer all questions on any auctions I've run on Trademe, no matter
>>>how lame. Otherwise it makes me look bad.

>> That's right. There are creative and gently humorous ways of
>> informing a questioner exactly what size your "17-inch Philips CRT
>> monitor" is.

> Mine is 16 1/2".

I'm tempted to bid on one of the many 17-foot monitors I see for auction,
but imagine how much the freight for a 17' monitor would be!

http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

trademe con? - $10 to ask a question bruce NZ Computing 44 03-14-2010 03:59 AM
Trademe alternatives? paora NZ Computing 7 03-14-2010 03:53 AM
Trademe idiots Weez NZ Computing 57 05-20-2004 05:19 AM
Question about "TradeMe" bidding Craig NZ Computing 2 01-27-2004 08:51 AM
TradeMe strangeness JD NZ Computing 16 08-08-2003 06:08 AM

Advertisments