Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Contacting Philips helpline regarding Monitor warranty

Contacting Philips helpline regarding Monitor warranty

Pacific Dragon

Is there any other ways to get in contact with Philips support regarding
their Monitors other than through their helpline (eg. Emailing them)?
Their help line only seems to be open during normal work hours and when I
do ring their help line from work, I seem to be forever hearing "You are
1st in the queue". After trying two times and waiting 15 whole minute
hearing "You are 1st in the queue" numourous times, I gave up. (Suspect
they have a similar bug in their Phone systems that the Orcon Helpdesk use
to have)

Tony

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:37:20 +1200, Pacific Dragon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there any other ways to get in contact with Philips support regarding
>their Monitors other than through their helpline (eg. Emailing them)?
>Their help line only seems to be open during normal work hours and when I
>do ring their help line from work, I seem to be forever hearing "You are
>1st in the queue". After trying two times and waiting 15 whole minute
>hearing "You are 1st in the queue" numourous times, I gave up. (Suspect
>they have a similar bug in their Phone systems that the Orcon Helpdesk use
>to have)

Use the Dealer that you got it from..

Shane

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:37:20 +1200, Pacific Dragon wrote:

> Is there any other ways to get in contact with Philips support regarding
> their Monitors other than through their helpline (eg. Emailing them)?
> Their help line only seems to be open during normal work hours and when I
> do ring their help line from work, I seem to be forever hearing "You are
> 1st in the queue". After trying two times and waiting 15 whole minute
> hearing "You are 1st in the queue" numourous times, I gave up. (Suspect
> they have a similar bug in their Phone systems that the Orcon Helpdesk use
> to have)

just to make your day I rang them two days ago regarding a faulty monitor
we had installed, and they answered within 3 minutes
might be the time of day?
oh and...
we bought the monitor through a wholesaler in auckland who just gave us
phillips number to deal with warranty issues
(small dig at another poster whos advice is to ring the people you buy it
from

Rob

"Pacific Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any other ways to get in contact with Philips support regarding
> their Monitors other than through their helpline (eg. Emailing them)?
> Their help line only seems to be open during normal work hours and when I
> do ring their help line from work, I seem to be forever hearing "You are
> 1st in the queue". After trying two times and waiting 15 whole minute
> hearing "You are 1st in the queue" numourous times, I gave up. (Suspect
> they have a similar bug in their Phone systems that the Orcon Helpdesk use
> to have)

Go to this site http://www.visual.co.nz/ . They handle the philips monitors.

Michael Payne

"Pacific Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any other ways to get in contact with Philips support regarding
> their Monitors other than through their helpline (eg. Emailing them)?
> Their help line only seems to be open during normal work hours and when I
> do ring their help line from work, I seem to be forever hearing "You are
> 1st in the queue". After trying two times and waiting 15 whole minute
> hearing "You are 1st in the queue" numourous times, I gave up. (Suspect
> they have a similar bug in their Phone systems that the Orcon Helpdesk use
> to have)

If you try earlier in the day or later in the arvo is best. Lunchtimes are a
bit busy for the Philips guys. If you get stuck email me http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
and I can help out.