Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone know a good program to find out what type of ram i have

Anyone know a good program to find out what type of ram i have

Starkey

Im looking at gettting another stick of 512meg so i can have a gig of
ram.
but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
there that will tell me.

Thx in advance

Tony

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:31:45 +1200, Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Im looking at gettting another stick of 512meg so i can have a gig of
>ram.
>but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
>there that will tell me.
>
>Thx in advance

This works on MY PC

CPU-Z

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

"Processor name and vendor
Core stepping and process
Processor package
Processor current core voltage
Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
Partial overclock detection
Processor features, including supported instructions sets.
L1 to L3 cache information : location, size, speed, technology.
Motherboard information : name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP.
Memory information : size, type, timings, specifications. "

Dave Taylor

Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> This works on MY PC
>
> CPU-Z
>
> http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

Their other program is the only one that can OC my chipset. I don't do it
often, but it works. I used to use H-Oda's wincpuid but this one is better
for newer motherboards.

--
Ciao, Dave

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Im looking at gettting another stick of 512meg so i can have a gig of
> ram.
> but i wouldnt have a clue what type of ram i have, any programs out
> there that will tell me.
>
> Thx in advance

Sisoft (or is it Sysoft?) Sandra
Aida32

both will tell you all you want to know (and probably a lot more) about
the hardware in your machine.

google for a download link.

h.t.h.