Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Thin Fans

Thin Fans

Tony

Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick

A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.

Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
hard drives you can fit to One..

The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..

Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

Bruce Flyger

Tony wrote:

> Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
>

> A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
> I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
>

> Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
> hard drives you can fit to One..
>
> The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
> move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
>
> Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

The Zalman ZM-OP1 fan is 15mm thin. It's intended to be used in
conjunction with the Zalman heatpipe coolers, but can be purchased and
used seperately as a case fan.

http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view...dx=88&code=013

--
Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>
Get Firefox <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/>

Tony

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:38:35 +1200, Bruce Flyger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>>

>> Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
>>

>> A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
>> I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
>>

>> Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
>> hard drives you can fit to One..
>>
>> The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
>> move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
>>
>> Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.
>>

>The Zalman ZM-OP1 fan is 15mm thin. It's intended to be used in
>conjunction with the Zalman heatpipe coolers, but can be purchased and
>used seperately as a case fan.
>
>http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view...dx=88&code=013

Thanks

Matty F

Tony wrote:

> Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
> hard drives you can fit to One..

You can mount fans on the side, or even on top, like this:
http://tinypic.com/5dp1kk
(83K jpg)
Problem is, the fans consume about a kilowatt, thus the room needs its
own airconditioning which involves more fans.

GraB

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:59:25 +1200, Tony
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
>

>A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
>I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
>

>Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
>hard drives you can fit to One..
>
>The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
>move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
>
>Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

You won't be ablt to fit an 800mm fan inside the case, even if it was
10mm thick.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

GraB wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:59:25 +1200, Tony
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
>>

>>A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
>>I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
>>

>>Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
>>hard drives you can fit to One..
>>
>>The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
>>move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
>>
>>Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

> You won't be ablt to fit an 800mm fan inside the case, even if it was
> 10mm thick.

I was just thinking there was something wrong with that diameter!
800mm is getting into 'small jet turbine fan' territory...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

webvpn and thin clients dt1649651@yahoo.com Cisco 1 06-14-2005 09:58 PM
Wyse Thin Client - 831 - Cable Modem - VPN 3030 Problem? TechGuy Cisco 6 05-01-2005 02:19 AM
Thin client to thick client communication Russ ASP .Net 1 11-29-2004 06:44 PM
Thin client terry Java 5 08-10-2003 07:25 PM
Re: firebird fonts horrible and thin Gunther Firefox 1 07-19-2003 01:10 PM

Advertisments