Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iPaq PDA 3715

iPaq PDA 3715

Collector»NZ

Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange enviroment.

I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my work PC)
and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a day) I have not
found a way to deal with both cases.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Mauricio Freitas

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
> enviroment.
>
> I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
> work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
> day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.

The Pocket PC will synchronise synchronise e-mail with only the first
partnership OR with Exchange Server.

The synchronisation with Exchange Server is much more reliable than with
Outlook (in this case Outlook Internet, the PST based one).

For the current AUTD (only valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC
Phone Edition) or simple Exchange configuration (any Windows Mobile, over
Wireless LAN, GPRS via Bluetooth or via cradle) check this article:

For the Exchange SP2 (coming later this year) mechanism for AUTD (only valid
for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition) check this
article:

Cheers

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Collector»NZ

Mauricio Freitas wrote:
> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
>>enviroment.
>>
>>I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
>>work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
>>day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
>>

> The Pocket PC will synchronise synchronise e-mail with only the first
> partnership OR with Exchange Server.
>
> The synchronisation with Exchange Server is much more reliable than with
> Outlook (in this case Outlook Internet, the PST based one).
>
> For the current AUTD (only valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC
> Phone Edition) or simple Exchange configuration (any Windows Mobile, over
> Wireless LAN, GPRS via Bluetooth or via cradle) check this article:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4048
>
> For the Exchange SP2 (coming later this year) mechanism for AUTD (only valid
> for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition) check this
> article:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4638
>

> Cheers

Thanks I had sought of come to the conclusion that I will need to develope a
work around. Wish they had profiles so I could switch between work and private.

My next issue is Wifi, want to get something like the connection finder in my
notebook for locating (war driving if you like) WiFi connections near me.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Nathan Mercer

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
>
>> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
>>> enviroment.
>>>
>>> I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with
>>> my work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only
>>> had it a day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
>>>

>> The Pocket PC will synchronise synchronise e-mail with only the first
>> partnership OR with Exchange Server.
>>
>> The synchronisation with Exchange Server is much more reliable than
>> with Outlook (in this case Outlook Internet, the PST based one).
>>
>> For the current AUTD (only valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or
>> Pocket PC Phone Edition) or simple Exchange configuration (any Windows
>> Mobile, over Wireless LAN, GPRS via Bluetooth or via cradle) check
>> this article:
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4048
>>
>> For the Exchange SP2 (coming later this year) mechanism for AUTD (only
>> valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition) check
>> this article:
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4638
>>

>> Cheers
>>

> Thanks I had sought of come to the conclusion that I will need to
> develope a work around. Wish they had profiles so I could switch between
> work and private.
>
> My next issue is Wifi, want to get something like the connection finder
> in my notebook for locating (war driving if you like) WiFi connections
> near me.

MiniStumbler http://www.netstumbler.com/

Collector»NZ

Nathan Mercer wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
>>
>>> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...

snipped

>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Thanks I had sought of come to the conclusion that I will need to
>> develope a work around. Wish they had profiles so I could switch
>> between work and private.
>>
>> My next issue is Wifi, want to get something like the connection
>> finder in my notebook for locating (war driving if you like) WiFi
>> connections near me.

> MiniStumbler http://www.netstumbler.com/

Nice but not for my one, it is running the latest Pocket PC OS which it appears
not to support (or it cant see my WiFi device) one or other.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Mauricio Freitas

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42b5bd1a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nathan Mercer wrote:
>> Collector»NZ wrote:

> snipped

>>> Thanks I had sought of come to the conclusion that I will need to
>>> develope a work around. Wish they had profiles so I could switch between
>>> work and private.
>>>
>>> My next issue is Wifi, want to get something like the connection finder
>>> in my notebook for locating (war driving if you like) WiFi connections
>>> near me.

>> MiniStumbler http://www.netstumbler.com/

> Nice but not for my one, it is running the latest Pocket PC OS which it
> appears not to support (or it cant see my WiFi device) one or other.

MiniStumbler does not support the chipset used on most iPAQ Pocket PC. The
best program in my idea is PocketWinC ($$$
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2751), but there's also a
freebie from eEye called Retina WiFi
(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4357). And there are a
couple of other ones I can't remember the name.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Keith

In article <42b55143$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
says...
> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
> > enviroment.
> >
> > I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
> > work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
> > day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
> >

> The Pocket PC will synchronise synchronise e-mail with only the first
> partnership OR with Exchange Server.
>
> The synchronisation with Exchange Server is much more reliable than with
> Outlook (in this case Outlook Internet, the PST based one).
>
> For the current AUTD (only valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC
> Phone Edition) or simple Exchange configuration (any Windows Mobile, over
> Wireless LAN, GPRS via Bluetooth or via cradle) check this article:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4048
>
> For the Exchange SP2 (coming later this year) mechanism for AUTD (only valid
> for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition) check this
> article:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4638

What about getting your work email through Outlook Web Access (I
understand there's a PDA interface) and your private through your email
client?

Mauricio Freitas

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
In article <42b55143$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
says...
> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
> > enviroment.
> >
> > I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
> > work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
> > day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
> >

>What about getting your work email through Outlook Web Access (I
>understand there's a PDA interface) and your private through your email
>client?

If he's running Exchange Server then an option is Outlook Mobile Access,
which is a low bandwidth version compatible with any browser, including WAP
phones. Of course this is if the Exchange Server has a port facing the
Internet. Same for synchronisation, anyway.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Collector»NZ

Keith wrote:
> In article <42b55143$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
> says...
>
>>"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
>>>enviroment.
>>>
>>>I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
>>>work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
>>>day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
>>>

>>The Pocket PC will synchronise synchronise e-mail with only the first
>>partnership OR with Exchange Server.
>>
>>The synchronisation with Exchange Server is much more reliable than with
>>Outlook (in this case Outlook Internet, the PST based one).
>>
>>For the current AUTD (only valid for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC
>>Phone Edition) or simple Exchange configuration (any Windows Mobile, over
>>Wireless LAN, GPRS via Bluetooth or via cradle) check this article:
>>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4048
>>
>>For the Exchange SP2 (coming later this year) mechanism for AUTD (only valid
>>for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition) check this
>>article:
>>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4638

> What about getting your work email through Outlook Web Access (I
> understand there's a PDA interface) and your private through your email
> client?

We are an enterprise Exchange enviroment and I need the email and everything
else form outlook for it to be an effective work tool and toy for me.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Collector»NZ

Mauricio Freitas wrote:
> "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <42b55143$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
> says...
>
>>"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:42b54d29$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Anyone played with one of these particularly in the MS Exchange
>>>enviroment.
>>>
>>>I want to have it deal with my work mail (Exchange when docked with my
>>>work PC) and my private mail (Outlook) So fare (And I have only had it a
>>>day) I have not found a way to deal with both cases.
>>>

>>What about getting your work email through Outlook Web Access (I
>>understand there's a PDA interface) and your private through your email
>>client?

> If he's running Exchange Server then an option is Outlook Mobile Access,
> which is a low bandwidth version compatible with any browser, including WAP
> phones. Of course this is if the Exchange Server has a port facing the
> Internet. Same for synchronisation, anyway.

The problem is a Fn great PIX between me and the comapny net

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*