Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > hard drive migration - turning into a major PITA

hard drive migration - turning into a major PITA

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Rob J <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sun,
>26 Jun 2005 16:45:54 +1200, Lawrence D1Oliveiro <ldo@geek-
>central.gen.new zealand> says...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>> Rob J <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I think you are unknowledgeable about how the Bios assigns drive letters.

>> The BIOS knows nothing about drive letters.

>And you'd be dead wrong there. In just about any BIOS you can see
>references to A and B drives, for example.

That's just for Dimdows user consumption. The BIOS APIs don't say
anything about drive letters.

Brendan

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:50:34 +1200, Rob J wrote:

> And you'd be dead wrong there. In just about any BIOS you can see
> references to A and B drives, for example.

Um, no... I see many of them, and it's all 'primary', 'secondary', etc...

--

.... Brendan

#171987 +(5636)- [X]

<Th3No0b> Im going to be the next hitler
<Th3No0b> Im going to kill all the jews and 1 clown
<RageAgainsttheAmish> why the clown
<Th3No0b> See? no one cares about the jews
<RageAgainsttheAmish> lmao

Note: All my comments are copyright 29/06/2005 12:40:23 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.