Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > NCEA Data

NCEA Data

gj

I want to get some data in table/csv/xls/dbf format regarding all the
NCEA standards, their levels, descriptions, Internally Assessed Y/N,
Points This is for personal interests. Just want to play with the data
and see if anything is obvious.

I have looked at http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/assessment/ach/index.html
but dont have the skills to "Screen Scrape" to get the data.

Anyone know of a good dataset or has the skills to get the data somehow?

TIA

GJ

gj

Just had a look at
http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?...id=7019&data=l
which seems to have some of what I am after but I dont really want to
turn all those "Matrix" documents into one table. Anyone got the table
they could have been created from.

Std Level Item Desc Credits Method Notes
AS90161 1 1 Carry out . . 4 I A student . .
AS90162 1 2 Process . . 2 I

Even better if there is information on criteria for passing each
level/subject in table format also.

email to gavin at the domain jolly_net_nz

GJ

Kerry Ferrand

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)le says...
> I want to get some data in table/csv/xls/dbf format regarding all the
> NCEA standards, their levels, descriptions, Internally Assessed Y/N,
> Points This is for personal interests. Just want to play with the data
> and see if anything is obvious.
>
> I have looked at http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/assessment/ach/index.html
> but dont have the skills to "Screen Scrape" to get the data.
>
> Anyone know of a good dataset or has the skills to get the data somehow?
>
> TIA
>

> GJ

there's a nice downloadable file with all that info - intended for
and have a provider login to the NZQA site to get to it - maybe you
could e-mail someone there and ask nicely if they'll send you the file.