Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > AMD quad-core - even 16-core!!

AMD quad-core - even 16-core!!

GraB

http://tinyurl.com/dxube

Advanced Micro Devices plans to move to quad-core processors on a
single chip within two years, according to executives at AMD's analyst
meeting in New York late last week . .

Matthew Poole

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:04:27 +1200, someone purporting to be GraB didst
scrawl:

> http://tinyurl.com/dxube
>
> Advanced Micro Devices plans to move to quad-core processors on a
> single chip within two years, according to executives at AMD's analyst
> meeting in New York late last week . .

I wonder if Intel will have managed to produce a proper dual-core solution
by then.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

GraB wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/dxube
>
> Advanced Micro Devices plans to move to quad-core processors on a
> single chip within two years, according to executives at AMD's analyst
> meeting in New York late last week . .

Ahhhh, <dreams of realtime-raytraced games at high-res>...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.