Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Thanks, Microsoft (Warning: Contains Expletives)

Thanks, Microsoft (Warning: Contains Expletives)

H.O.G

Stupid ****ing Windows Server.

Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
the ****ing thing decided to fall over.

Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault
detected. Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the
wrong way.

Great way to spend the last 10 hours.

Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.

Still better than Linux, though...

GraB

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:32:22 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stupid ****ing Windows Server.
>
>Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
>the ****ing thing decided to fall over.
>
>Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault
>detected. Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the
>wrong way.
>
>Great way to spend the last 10 hours.
>
>Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.
>
>Still better than Linux, though...

Wow, Lunix must be Utter Crap!

Steve

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:32:22 +1200, H.O.G wrote:

> Stupid ****ing Windows Server.
>
> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after the
> ****ing thing decided to fall over.

So, no backups then?

> Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault detected.
> Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the wrong way.
>
> Great way to spend the last 10 hours.
>
> Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.
>
> Still better than Linux, though...

and you justify that statement how?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

H.O.G wrote:
> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
> the ****ing thing decided to fall over.

> Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault
> detected. Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the
> wrong way.

IIS and exchange aye... certainly sounds a bit odd.

> Still better than Linux, though...

ahhh, a troll.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

shannon

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:19:14 +1200, Steve wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:32:22 +1200, H.O.G wrote:
>

>> Stupid ****ing Windows Server.
>>
>> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after the
>> ****ing thing decided to fall over.

> So, no backups then?
>>
>> Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault detected.
>> Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the wrong way.
>>
>> Great way to spend the last 10 hours.
>>
>> Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.
>>
>> Still better than Linux, though...

> and you justify that statement how?

laziness

BrianM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:38:05 +1200, GraB wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:32:22 +1200, H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Stupid ****ing Windows Server.
>>
>>Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after the
>>****ing thing decided to fall over.
>>
>>Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault detected.
>>Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the wrong way.
>>
>>Great way to spend the last 10 hours.
>>
>>Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.
>>
>>Still better than Linux, though...

> Wow, Lunix must be Utter Crap!

Woger, you're back !!

BrianM

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stupid ****ing Windows, bloody Microsoft, and all that.
>
>Still better than Linux, though...

Keep saying that to yourself. Remember, you must believe it. Show no
weakness!

"Nobody got fired for buying Microsoft" just doesn't seem persuasive
enough any more. How about "Nobody ever got flayed alive for buying
Microsoft" ... "Nobody ever got smeared with honey and left buried up
their neck in an ants' nest for buying Microsoft" ... "Nobody ever
suffered the Death Of A Thousand Cuts While Immersed In a Vat Of Salt
Water for buying Microsoft" ... "Nobody ever got forced to watch
'Everybody Loves Raymond' reruns for buying Microsoft" ...

Dave Taylor

H.O.G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:0lo2b1pq6lechku1u0d5v9i2oa8rpu1vms@
4ax.com:

> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
> the ****ing thing decided to fall over.

Why not use Groupwise by Novell? Do your users actually use every feature
in exchange? Or is it because it came with SBS?

--
Ciao, Dave

Mr Scebe

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> H.O.G wrote:
>> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
>> the ****ing thing decided to fall over.

>> Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault
>> detected. Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the
>> wrong way.

> IIS and exchange aye... certainly sounds a bit odd.

OWA on a single box? Certainly not how you'd want to do it.

--
Mr Scebe
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

H.O.G

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:43:33 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spoke these fine words:

>H.O.G wrote:
>> Just got home from rebuilding a stupid ****ing exchange server after
>> the ****ing thing decided to fall over.

>> Full corruption throughout IIS and Exchange. No hardware fault
>> detected. Obviously someone looked at the stupid ****ing thing the
>> wrong way.

>IIS and exchange aye... certainly sounds a bit odd.

Why does that sound odd?

It was actually IISAdmin, due to a messed up Metabase.xml file
(amongst numerous other things).

>> Still better than Linux, though...

>ahhh, a troll.

No, not a troll.

It was one of those frustrating times. Fix one problem, only to find
another. Then another. It was seriously messed up.

Interesting how everyone's jumped on my Linux comment. That might have
been a wee bit trolly, but it is still true. Linux falls over just as
badly, but at least there's good information on the web about Windows,
and troubleshooting odd problems. Ever tried to troubleshoot odd
errors on Linux servers? I have, and it is bloody horrid.