Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Clipart in Microsoft Word

Clipart in Microsoft Word

Mr Teatime

I have Works Word 2003 with some clipart.
I preferred 2001 clipart, which I still have on the computer.
I can copy all the WMF files into the same folder that Word accesses for
clipart, but it
seems to no longer have the keywords needed to do searches.
Is it possible to Import WMFs and retain the keywords ?

Also, I can Insert Clipart online from Microsoft, but can I download 1000s
of pics to my computer for use offline ?
Are there separate collections of decent indexed clipart that can be
imported into Word Clipart Collections ?

Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
in OE ?

TIA

Gordon

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:

> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
> in OE ?

Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

Mr Teatime

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
>
>> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
>> clipart
>> in OE ?

> Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

Oh dear, stay in the 20th century.

Peter

Gordon wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
>
>> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
>> clipart in OE ?

> Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

It should be.
Sadly, it is getting more and more about looks in place of content. That,
and lots of html spam and viruses.
Almost all the html email I get is spam.

Peter

Tony

"Mr Teatime" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsG8se.7922$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have Works Word 2003 with some clipart.
> I preferred 2001 clipart, which I still have on the computer.
> I can copy all the WMF files into the same folder that Word accesses for
> clipart, but it
> seems to no longer have the keywords needed to do searches.
> Is it possible to Import WMFs and retain the keywords ?
>
> Also, I can Insert Clipart online from Microsoft, but can I download 1000s
> of pics to my computer for use offline ?
> Are there separate collections of decent indexed clipart that can be
> imported into Word Clipart Collections ?
>
> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
> in OE ?
>

> TIA

Lotsa people having probs with this. You can add clipart from anywhere, but
not merge it with the existing stuff.
You have to create a New Collection first. Or try Insert - Object -
Microsoft Clip Gallery to get the old clipart.

For email use Insert Picture ...

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, in message
*<pG8se.7922$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mr Teatime wrote:

> 2001 clipart, which I still have on the computer.
> all the WMF files

---snip---

> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
> in OE ?

Open the WMF files in IrfanView <"http://www.irfanview.com/"> and
save them as GIF or JPEG files.

You probably can't expect everyone's email program to show WMFs inline,
but GIFs and JPEGs stand a better chance.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you;
but if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Mr Teatime wrote:
>>>Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
>>>clipart
>>>in OE ?

>>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

> Oh dear, stay in the 20th century.

if it means that emails are informative and without pictures(unless
necessary like a diagram), let alone crappy clipart, then I will gladly
stay in the 20th century.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
>
>> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
>> in OE ?

>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
>>>Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
>>>in OE ?

>>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

> Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

because it always used to be...
if you want evolved email, use incredimail... shudder.

--

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

>> Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

>because it always used to be...

No it wasn't. Even before MIME, there was ASCII art and uuencode. Crude,
but still graphic.