Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Any headset gurus out there?

Any headset gurus out there?

Daniel

Hi,

Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
headset:
http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/...systems/CN-HS3

I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
make decent headphones.

I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
$30 can buy.

TIA.

ShuckItAnShee

I've taken a punt & ordered two sets. They've vibration as well, just in
case you require your ears to throb whilst your head spins.
"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d8aeic$rn8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
> headset:

http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/...systems/CN-HS3

> I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
> make decent headphones.
>
> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
> $30 can buy.
>
> Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA.

Robert Singers

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea ShuckItAnShee said

> I've taken a punt & ordered two sets. They've vibration as well, just in
> case you require your ears to throb whilst your head spins.

That'd take more than six pints.

--
rob singers
pull finger to reply

Phstpok

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
> headset:
> http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/...systems/CN-HS3
>

> I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
> make decent headphones.
>
> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
> $30 can buy.
>
> Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA.

I've just bought a set of these http://tinyurl.com/b255d on trademe.
Not sure how they will fit, being rear wear, but specs seem ok. Trying
to go completely wireless here. Next I need
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer...dgraph-01.html

Need never move from my armchair again.

Rob.

-=rjh=-

Phstpok wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
>> headset:
>> http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/...systems/CN-HS3
>>

>> I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
>> make decent headphones.
>>
>> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best
>> that $30 can buy.
>>
>> Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA.

> I've just bought a set of these http://tinyurl.com/b255d on trademe.
> Not sure how they will fit, being rear wear, but specs seem ok. Trying
> to go completely wireless here. Next I need
> http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer...dgraph-01.html
>
> Need never move from my armchair again.
>
> Rob.

I'd be very interested to hear how those turn out, especially how good
the sound is and what distance they will work over.

Daniel

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the current special on FirstIn today, it's a Canyon CN-HS3
> headset:
> http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/...systems/CN-HS3
>

> I have no idea what those audio output specs mean, or if Canyon even
> make decent headphones.
>
> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
> $30 can buy.
>
> Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA.

Thanks for the replies. I decided not to get then in the end.

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, Daniel sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> I'm on a budget for a pair of headphones with microphone - the best that
> $30 can buy.

Not too many decent headphones for $30 (for higher values of "decent").
With a mic as well I suspect you're in the budget crap. Just my 2c.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and