Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT: Pre-recorded telemarketing calls

OT: Pre-recorded telemarketing calls

ofn01

Hi,

I have registered with TPS (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/) which
stopped some telemarketing calls we were getting a while back, however
recently we've been getting a new type of Telemarketing call. It is a
pre-recorded American voice which talks about John Lewis and Marks and
Spencer.

It seems under the 'complaints' section for TPS that they want you to
have got the number that called and the name of the person that rang,
but we can't get this information as it is a pre-recorded voice.

Has anyone had experiences with this sort of intrusive, non-human
marketing tactic?

ofn01

ofn01 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have registered with TPS (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/) which
> stopped some telemarketing calls we were getting a while back, however
> recently we've been getting a new type of Telemarketing call. It is a
> pre-recorded American voice which talks about John Lewis and Marks and
> Spencer.
>
> It seems under the 'complaints' section for TPS that they want you to
> have got the number that called and the name of the person that rang,
> but we can't get this information as it is a pre-recorded voice.
>
> Has anyone had experiences with this sort of intrusive, non-human
> marketing tactic?

Um, ignore that, it was meant for a different newsgroup.
(They're easier to confuse in Thunderbird because Thunderbird
abbreviates the newsgroup names!)