Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How to remove the anoying screen from stuff.co.nz

How to remove the anoying screen from stuff.co.nz

NZed

I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
www.stuff.co.nz.
Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
Any suggestions ?
NZed

NZed

The only info I can find is the name Media One Networks
NZed

"NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
> www.stuff.co.nz.
> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
> Any suggestions ?
> NZed

Dave - Dave.net.nz

NZed wrote:
>>I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
>>www.stuff.co.nz.
>>Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
>>I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
>>Any suggestions ?

> The only info I can find is the name Media One Networks
> NZed

If you ad mediaone network to your hosts file then it will not load.
sorry Im not sure of the exact URL, although I suspect that this has
been discussed here before, and it will be mentioned in the google archives.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> NZed wrote:
>
>>> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
>>> www.stuff.co.nz.
>>> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
>>> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
>>> Any suggestions ?

> > The only info I can find is the name Media One Networks
> > NZed

> If you ad mediaone network to your hosts file then it will not load.
> sorry Im not sure of the exact URL, although I suspect that this has
> been discussed here before, and it will be mentioned in the google
> archives.

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....0cb62538b28b3e
eek, long url...

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....e427987d5666ad

neither of which help, but they'll give you some back-ground.

Richard

NZed wrote:
> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
> www.stuff.co.nz.
> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
> Any suggestions ?
> NZed

Contact stuff, advise them you find the video advert intrusive and are concerned
about how much of your meager "broadband" cap you are using watching the adverts
on there.

Mark C

"NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
> www.stuff.co.nz.
> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
> Any suggestions ?
> NZed

I've added stuff.co.nz to my IE "Restricted Sites" list, and I don't
see the video, and stuff generally works faster for me (on a 266MHz
PC)

Mark

Dave Taylor

Mark C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:429eaecb$0$1643$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> "NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
>> www.stuff.co.nz.
>> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
>> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
>> Any suggestions ?
>> NZed

> I've added stuff.co.nz to my IE "Restricted Sites" list, and I don't
> see the video, and stuff generally works faster for me (on a 266MHz
> PC)
>
> Mark

Good solution.

--
Ciao, Dave

wogers nemesis

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:00 +1200, NZed wrote:

> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
> www.stuff.co.nz.
> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
> Any suggestions ?
> NZed

I use Firefox with Adblock. Is there supposed to be ads?

Matty F

wogers nemesis wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:00 +1200, NZed wrote:
>

>>I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
>>www.stuff.co.nz.
>>Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
>>I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
>>Any suggestions ?
>>NZed

> I use Firefox with Adblock. Is there supposed to be ads?

I use Mozilla. I've not seen any ads either.
[/] Block unrequested popup windows

Mauricio Freitas

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NZed wrote:
>> I have noticed a pop up screen with a video appears when I visit
>> www.stuff.co.nz.
>> Does anyone one know how to remove it ?
>> I have tried different tools...adaware, xoftspy.
>> Any suggestions ?
>> NZed

> Contact stuff, advise them you find the video advert intrusive and are
> concerned about how much of your meager "broadband" cap you are using
> watching the adverts on there.

If they ever bother replying to this kind of email. I've contacted them
before without any reply.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz