Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I've created a new user profile in windows XP pro

I've created a new user profile in windows XP pro

=?Utf-8?B?TkVXMlRFQ0hCWg==?=

And , ofcourse when I log on to the new profile, some of the programs are not
in the new profile when I look for them in the start menu?I log into the
original profile name and its there and available? How do I copy or send the
file to the show under the new logon account? Also, how do I move all of the
important files to this new profile to?

Thanks,
NEW2TECHBZ

I am running XP pro
--
I am very thankfull for anyhelp that I recieve and I promise to return the
favor to others in return.

DJ Borell

You can copy the shortcuts that were created into the "All Users" profile so
that they'll be available to everyone.

Copy the shortcuts from -

"C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs\"

to -

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs"

If you only want them available to the new profile, copy them only to the
appropriate user's path.

"NEW2TECHBZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And , ofcourse when I log on to the new profile, some of the programs are
> not
> in the new profile when I look for them in the start menu?I log into the
> original profile name and its there and available? How do I copy or send
> the
> file to the show under the new logon account? Also, how do I move all of
> the
> important files to this new profile to?
>
> Thanks,
> NEW2TECHBZ
>
> I am running XP pro
> --
> I am very thankfull for anyhelp that I recieve and I promise to return the
> favor to others in return.

=?Utf-8?B?TkVXMlRFQ0hCWg==?=

Thank you very much, I have done so and I can now use things as they were
before. =OP

"DJ Borell" wrote:

> You can copy the shortcuts that were created into the "All Users" profile so
> that they'll be available to everyone.
>
> Copy the shortcuts from -
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs\"
>
> to -
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs"
>
> If you only want them available to the new profile, copy them only to the
> appropriate user's path.
>
> "NEW2TECHBZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > And , ofcourse when I log on to the new profile, some of the programs are
> > not
> > in the new profile when I look for them in the start menu?I log into the
> > original profile name and its there and available? How do I copy or send
> > the
> > file to the show under the new logon account? Also, how do I move all of
> > the
> > important files to this new profile to?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > NEW2TECHBZ
> >
> > I am running XP pro
> > --
> > I am very thankfull for anyhelp that I recieve and I promise to return the
> > favor to others in return.

DJ Borell

You're welcome, glad I could help