Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WinXP found new Printer problem?

WinXP found new Printer problem?

Gordy

Every time I start my computer I am plagued with WinXP saying it has
found new hardware/printer when all the printers I have installed are
working fine.

My system is using WinXP Pro, SP2 and most recent updates.

I can't be sure when this started happening. Can't do a rollback as I
have had a hard disk clean-up. New thought as I write this....haven't
looked on MS Web site for help.

Looks like it might be a USB device/printer as I see a USB type Icon
pop-up on the system tray.

I recently added a DLink USB2 hub and replaced a dud DSE USB2 PCI card
with an Adaptec card.

First printer on paralllel port was moved to USB and now back on
parallel port.

Second printer on USB port.

Third printer on LAN.

I have run a friend's printer for testing on USB.
Installed and un-install drivers.

I guess I may have to do some sort of reg edit to shut WinXP up.

Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA.

Gordy

Yep seems it is a well know problem: