Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tuning up Wifi

Tuning up Wifi

Collector»NZ

On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal strength report
for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+ access point there is no
such utility provided. Anyone know of such a bit of software?

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal strength
> report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+ access point
> there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a bit of software?

netstumbler
also handy for wardriving

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal
>> strength report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+
>> access point there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a
>> bit of software?

> netstumbler
> also handy for wardriving

And no good for AP's in client mode

or am I wrong

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

EMB

Collector»NZ wrote:

> And no good for AP's in client mode
>
> or am I wrong

You've been wrong before... but I'm fairly certain you're right this time

--
EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
>>> On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal
>>> strength report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+
>>> access point there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a
>>> bit of software?

>> netstumbler
>> also handy for wardriving

> And no good for AP's in client mode
> or am I wrong

and thats why I should read things before posting... although if you
have an external antenna, you could adjust it using NS and your lappy,
and then flick it over to the AP.

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>> netstumbler
>>> also handy for wardriving

>> And no good for AP's in client mode
>> or am I wrong

> and thats why I should read things before posting... although if you
> have an external antenna, you could adjust it using NS and your lappy,
> and then flick it over to the AP.

IBM R51 no external antenna connection so no that dont work either...

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*