Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Verbatim CD Carousels

Verbatim CD Carousels

Tim

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?

If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise risk
of scratching CD's / DVD's?

TIA,
- Tim

Andrew

Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
> around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
>
> If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise risk
> of scratching CD's / DVD's?
>
> TIA,
> - Tim

I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
customer of mine bought one and loves it

Richard

Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
> around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
>
> If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise risk
> of scratching CD's / DVD's?

If they spent another 70 bucks and stuck a dvd rom in there, I could see a
point, but as for just holding them, with no automated way of cataloging them,
its no better then putting the discs on the spindles they come on.

Tim

Imation Disk Stakks is what I was looking for thanks.

Seems ok... although I am concerned about discs getting scratched.

- Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tim wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
>> around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
>>
>> If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise
>> risk of scratching CD's / DVD's?
>>
>> TIA,
>> - Tim
>>

> I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
> customer of mine bought one and loves it

Dave

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:d6v1uk$r4u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Imation Disk Stakks is what I was looking for thanks.
>
> Seems ok... although I am concerned about discs getting scratched.
>
> - Tim
>

> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tim wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Has anyone ever tried the verbatim ( I think) carousel devices that hold
>>> around 200 CD's and have a USB interface?
>>>
>>> If so are they reliable and are they well enough designed to minimise
>>> risk of scratching CD's / DVD's?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> - Tim
>>>

>> I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
>> customer of mine bought one and loves it

Yeah we use one of those. Goes great. It comes with a program which scans a
new disk and catalogs it for you. You can then search for a specific file or
folder and it will spit out the disk you need. The stakka itself doesn't
read disks so the initial cataloging can take a while inserting a disk into
the cd drive then to the stakka but after that its nice and easy. Haven't
had any problems with the disks getting scratched yet.

Tim

Well, I got one and would have to say that thus far I am happy with it.
In one fell swoop my office has been significantly tidied.

The built in cataloging of the CD's seems to work well.
**** its light! I nearly threw it over my head with a bunch of discs in.

- Tim

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4294284d$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d6v1uk$r4u$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Imation Disk Stakks is what I was looking for thanks.
>>
>> Seems ok... although I am concerned about discs getting scratched.
>>
>> - Tim
>>

>> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I know imation has one, i have not used one myself, but a previous
>>> customer of mine bought one and loves it

> Yeah we use one of those. Goes great. It comes with a program which scans
> a new disk and catalogs it for you. You can then search for a specific
> file or folder and it will spit out the disk you need. The stakka itself
> doesn't read disks so the initial cataloging can take a while inserting a
> disk into the cd drive then to the stakka but after that its nice and
> easy. Haven't had any problems with the disks getting scratched yet.

Verbatim Store 'n' Go problems - Win98 Steve Baker Computer Support 1 07-22-2004 04:47 AM
Verbatim Dual Layer luminos DVD Video 9 05-31-2004 03:00 AM
Best price for VERBATIM DVD+R Media? Sseaott Computer Support 5 05-07-2004 12:40 PM
Verbatim Dual format DVD Burner (Cendyne (NEC?)) Lance Hill DVD Video 2 09-15-2003 01:01 AM
Asus CRW-5224a (rebranded by Verbatim) G+S Computer Support 0 08-16-2003 04:37 PM

Advertisments