Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Installing eTrust Antivirus update silently

Installing eTrust Antivirus update silently

HCS

Hi,

I want to push an eTrust antivirus signature update to 30 machines using
Ghost.
What are the switches for the signature update executables to make them
install automatically and silently?

This is the product eTrust Antivirus that schools license from the NZ
Ministry of Education.

Steve

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:23:45 +1200, HCS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to push an eTrust antivirus signature update to 30 machines using
> Ghost.
> What are the switches for the signature update executables to make them
> install automatically and silently?
>
> This is the product eTrust Antivirus that schools license from the NZ
> Ministry of Education.

Can't you just download it to a server and then force a sync to that for
everyone else?

g00g1eme@gmail.com

Tell me a bit more about your network.

Usually one of your computers would be set up as an eTrust Distribution
Server. This computer downloads the updates on a schedule and makes
them available for distribution. The other computers on the network
connect to a hidden share on the distribution server and download the
updates from there.

CSE

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:23:45 +1200, "HCS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to push an eTrust antivirus signature update to 30 machines using
>Ghost.
>What are the switches for the signature update executables to make them
>install automatically and silently?
>
>This is the product eTrust Antivirus that schools license from the NZ
>Ministry of Education.

Have a Read