Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Bios

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net>,
Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote:
>ps. I managed to surf the ibm site, via proxy, and the pccbbs folder is
>empty
>(gosh darn not supporting hardware from 9 years ago)

Yes, IBM are gradually "disappearing" the old support info.
The contents are still there, just hidden (read permissions turned off?)
You can get the files if you know what their names are (Catch-22).
A couple of people have set up mirrors of the content as it was last time
it was visible. Check the comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware newsgroup for details
and ongoing status of the preserving of IBM's old info.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
-- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286