Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Trouble with DCC sends in IRC

Trouble with DCC sends in IRC

Graham

I've always had trouble with Xtra Broadband doing DCC sends with mIRC.
Usually it works for a while then after that everything starts timing
out. For the last month I haven't been able to DCC send at all. It must
be Xtra's fault although I'm not sure why their service should cause
this kind of problem. What would it likely be? Anyone else had this
problem?

I'm thinking of changing ISP's as this has always been extremely
frustrating, especially now it's packed up completely. Do other people
have the same problems with Xtra broadband? Are other services likely to
be more reliable?

Graham

Ok, so I had a setting wrong. Stupid mIRC....no problems in this regard
with WinMX, et al.

Graham wrote:

> I've always had trouble with Xtra Broadband doing DCC sends with mIRC.
> Usually it works for a while then after that everything starts timing
> out. For the last month I haven't been able to DCC send at all. It must
> be Xtra's fault although I'm not sure why their service should cause
> this kind of problem. What would it likely be? Anyone else had this
> problem?
>
> I'm thinking of changing ISP's as this has always been extremely
> frustrating, especially now it's packed up completely. Do other people
> have the same problems with Xtra broadband? Are other services likely to
> be more reliable?

IMS queues when Outlook client sends email but sends fine with OWA??? =?Utf-8?B?c2hhb2xpbmRy?= MCSE 1 05-17-2004 12:01 PM
DSL problem: Can't DCC send in IRC Bud Dickman NZ Computing 6 04-29-2004 09:08 AM
how to share internet with DCC lkeikoomion Computer Support 2 03-06-2004 11:13 PM
Net::IRC::DCC n1zerd Perl Misc 0 10-14-2003 08:53 AM
naive body checksum filters (like DCC or Vipul's Razor / Pyzor) versus the Mimail worm? totojepast Computer Security 0 08-06-2003 10:02 PM

Advertisments