Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Terms and Conditions enforcement. rant

Terms and Conditions enforcement. rant

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?

I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.

Gahhh...

/rant.

Steve Marshall

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
>I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
>single DSL account

Cc your complaints to Spamhaus? http://www.spamhaus.org/

cheers
Steve

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Steve Marshall wrote:
>>Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>>I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
>>single DSL account

> Cc your complaints to Spamhaus? http://www.spamhaus.org/

have been.

I notice that as of yesterday I no longer get even the automatic
response from abuse@ some I'm guessing that they are either sick of me,
or get enough complaints that they've hit some sort of limit.

It's really starting to **** me off.

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
>
> Gahhh...
>
> /rant.

Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats howcome
Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech liason for
several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
>
> Gahhh...
>
> /rant.

Just had a sniff at that address and oh boy, do a little google for attack
tools and you should be able to knock it off the net yourself.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

steve

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
>
> Gahhh...
>
> /rant.

Write a letter - on paper - to the chief executive and threaten legal
action - citing the relevant part of the T's & C's.

If, after writing the best letter you can manage, you think your case
sucks......don't send it.

Harry

Collector»NZ wrote:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>>
>> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
>> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
>> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
>> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
>>
>> Gahhh...
>>
>> /rant.

> Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats
> howcome Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech
> liason for several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.

Harry never lost his Xtra account.

The only thing big about you is that hole in your head.

FreedomChooser

On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:04:03 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
>I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
>single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
>complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
>the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.

Xtra is absolutely useless on stuff like that
Haha!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
>
>I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
>single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
>complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
>the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
>
>Gahhh...

Bloody xtra cowboys
Remember all the screams of outrage when they ended up in the
blacklists a few times

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Just had a sniff at that address and oh boy, do a little google for
> attack tools and you should be able to knock it off the net yourself.

Unfortunately Im not *that* mean, besides, they'd have it back online
and not patched in an hour or so.