Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > unreal tournament gone insane..

unreal tournament gone insane..

Nova

I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
tournament 2004.
I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
gig of memory)

I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..

ideas on what could be doing this??

both OS's are windows xp..

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nova wrote:
> I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
> and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
> the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
> side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..

> ideas on what could be doing this??
> both OS's are windows xp..

you may have difficulty settings different on the machines... put them
side by side and check they are identical

Bret

On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
>tournament 2004.
>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
>gig of memory)
>
>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
>

>ideas on what could be doing this??
>
>both OS's are windows xp..

Google reveals:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...40#post5658340

Nova

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Nova wrote:
>
>> I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
>> and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
>> the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the
>> other side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a
>> chance..

>> ideas on what could be doing this??
>> both OS's are windows xp..

> you may have difficulty settings different on the machines... put them
> side by side and check they are identical

nah its more a timing issue.. i seriously mean when i press forward ive
run like 10 times the distance than i can on the other machine..
and when i fire a gun it fires like so fast its not funny..

Bret

On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
>tournament 2004.
>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
>gig of memory)
>
>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
>

>ideas on what could be doing this??
>
>both OS's are windows xp..

Try alt.games.unreal.tournament
The group is still active.

J.wilson

"Nova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42912a49$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
>tournament 2004.
> I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
> gig of memory)
>
> I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
> and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at the
> speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other side
> of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
>

> ideas on what could be doing this??
>
> both OS's are windows xp..

I seem to remember that there was a drop down menu
somewhere in this game where the game speed can be
adjusted.

Nova

Bret wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
>>tournament 2004.
>>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
>>gig of memory)
>>
>>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
>>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
>>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
>>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
>>

>>ideas on what could be doing this??
>>
>>both OS's are windows xp..

> Google reveals:
>
> http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...40#post5658340

ahh cheers for that, that did the trick..
my reactions just werent fast enough for that turbo mode heh

Bret

On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:58:16 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bret wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
>>>tournament 2004.
>>>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
>>>gig of memory)
>>>
>>>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
>>>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
>>>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
>>>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
>>>

>>>ideas on what could be doing this??
>>>
>>>both OS's are windows xp..

>> Google reveals:
>>
>> http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...40#post5658340

>ahh cheers for that, that did the trick..
>my reactions just werent fast enough for that turbo mode heh

Always glad to help a fellow utgoty player

if anyone is good with Unreal Editor (ut2004)... psion Computer Support 3 08-10-2004 09:00 PM
unreal 2 Bob Holly Computer Support 3 05-17-2004 01:33 AM
Unreal 2 Bob Holly Computer Support 0 03-04-2004 02:50 AM
PC powers off playing Unreal carlhungus Computer Support 3 02-19-2004 11:37 AM

Advertisments