Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wanted: Athlon XP2000-2600 133Mhz FSB CPU.

Wanted: Athlon XP2000-2600 133Mhz FSB CPU.

~misfit~

Just wondered if anyone had one of these things sitting around that they
want to part with. I can get a new one (XP 2400) for $103 apparently but
that's with no cooler and has to be ordered. What's the bet it's no longer
available from the suppier? (Don't get me started on retailers not keeping
websites up-to-date). Most sites no longer list 133Mhz FSB Athlon XPs.

I have a Socket A board that is limited to 133Mhz FSB (That I put on the
shelf when I bought my nForce2 board) and DDR RAM is so cheap at the moment,
I thought I might try to get a reasonably-priced CPU for this thing before
they become too rare, can always use a spare rig right?

I'd also consider one of those last 1.6 or 1.8 Durons.

Also, another option would be a Barton 2500, preferably unlocked, that I
could put in this board and put the old (but fast) T'bred B back into the
133Mhx board.

Thanks in advance.
--
~misfit~

bAZZ

Misfit

bazzster at gmail will get me

I have a 1.6 that I answered one of ya posts earlier about. You must
have missed it.
Got an XP2*** something but will keep it for my board I have. Would
part with the 1.6 tho to ya if ya want it. Away till Monday with kids
in Timaru this weekend so if you reply I may be awhile in replying.

bAZZ

~misfit~

bAZZ wrote:
> Misfit
>
> bazzster at gmail will get me
>
> I have a 1.6 that I answered one of ya posts earlier about. You must
> have missed it.
> Got an XP2*** something but will keep it for my board I have. Would
> part with the 1.6 tho to ya if ya want it. Away till Monday with kids
> in Timaru this weekend so if you reply I may be awhile in replying.
>
> bAZZ

Email sent, thanks.
--
~misfit~