Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WinXP Focus

WinXP Focus

Adam Cameron

>>Call me pendantic...
>
> Well, if you want to be a pendant, then nz.comp is as good a place as
> any to hang around, so to speak ...

Oh hohoho, well done. Thank-you for your invaluable input

As for everyone else... the tweakui thing worked well. Excellent, cheers.

--

Adam

FreedomChooser

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:19:00 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> FreedomChooser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 19 May 2005 00:36:42 +1200, akiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Applications can still steal the focus if they use attach_thread_input
>>>API call, even if the setting in tweakui says no focus stealing
>>>http://images.somethingawful.com/mjo...2005/qirex.jpg
>>>
>>>Maybe MS virtual desktop with the focus stealing apps like internet
>>>explorer in their own desktop would work some of the time?
>>>
>>>akiwi

>>MS changed the focus stealing behaviour in 98
>>Then for some strange reason they changed it back in XP

>And of course you still have the freedom to choose which one you want to
>run, don't you?

Thread hijack alert!

Who wants to run an ancient POS like Win98 anyway

Bling-Bling

On Sun, 22 May 2005 03:00:40 +1200, FreedomChooser wrote:

> Who wants to run an ancient POS like Win98 anyway

Someone who likes Micro$oft?

Bling Bling

--
Groklaw: "Seriously, the problem Microsoft has with its FUD is this: it waited
too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in

FreedomChooser

On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:35:52 +1200, Bling-Bling
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 22 May 2005 03:00:40 +1200, FreedomChooser wrote:
>
>> Who wants to run an ancient POS like Win98 anyway

>Someone who likes Micro$oft?

Your still running it
Does that mean you like microsoft

Bling-Bling

On Sun, 22 May 2005 21:04:37 +1200, FreedomChooser wrote:

>>> Who wants to run an ancient POS like Win98 anyway

>>Someone who likes Micro$oft?

> Your still running it
> Does that mean you like microsoft

The question was "Who WANTS to run ... Win98".

I have the one remaining legacy box. I do not WANT to have Micro$oft
software in my home, but I need it so that I can use some software that
does not yet have a good equivalent on *nix.

As soon as Wine is good enough, I'll be dumping that box altogether.

Bling Bling

Adam Cameron

> Who wants to run an ancient POS like Win98 anyway

I can't get System Shock 2 running on XP (in 98 emulation mode, or any
other hare-brained combination of settings and witchdoctory), no matter how
hard I try. Whereas it works fine in Win98.

So, in answer to your question... *I* do.

--

Adam