Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox 1.0.4 ANZ online banking problem

Firefox 1.0.4 ANZ online banking problem

GraB

Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:

Your interactive session cannot be continued.

Possible Causes

* Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
* You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
address.
* Your ID tag is invalid.

Resolution

* Restart this application from the beginning.

Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

Adam Cameron

Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

--

Adam

Adam

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB wrote:

>Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
>since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
>popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
>
>Your interactive session cannot be continued.
>
>Possible Causes
>
> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
>address.
> * Your ID tag is invalid.
>
>Resolution
>
> * Restart this application from the beginning.
>
>Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

I use 1.0.4 with both ASB and the National Bank - no problems.

Have you tried flushing your cache and deleting your old cookies?

Adam (the other one!).

GraB

On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:31 +0100, Adam Cameron
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
>1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
>vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

Cracked it. I disabled Tabbrowser extensions and everything worked.
Must look for update.

GraB

On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:15:25 +1200, Adam wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB wrote:
>
>>Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
>>since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
>>popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
>>
>>Your interactive session cannot be continued.
>>
>>Possible Causes
>>
>> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
>> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
>>address.
>> * Your ID tag is invalid.
>>
>>Resolution
>>
>> * Restart this application from the beginning.
>>
>>Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

>I use 1.0.4 with both ASB and the National Bank - no problems.
>
>Have you tried flushing your cache and deleting your old cookies?
>
>Adam (the other one!).

I tried uninstalling tabbrowser extensions and installing latest one
but still the same. Without tabbrowser extensions it works fine.

I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
Firefox people know they break extensions?

For now will stick with Opera for my banking.

Matthew Poole

On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:05:23 +1200, someone purporting to be GraB doth
scrawl:

> On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:15:25 +1200, Adam wrote:

*SNIP*
> I tried uninstalling tabbrowser extensions and installing latest one
> but still the same. Without tabbrowser extensions it works fine.

That plugin regularly comes up as the source of problems on all kinds of
sites. I haven't bothered installing it after reading of all the issues
that people have with it.

> I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
> every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
> Firefox people know they break extensions?

Their concern is, rightly, the browser. Retaining backward compatibility
with extensions would be very restrictive, and could well result in bugs
not being patched.

> For now will stick with Opera for my banking.

Why? Firefox works just fine. Hell, i'm running it on FreeBSD AMD64, and
I've not had problems with ANZ or SuperBank. Don't blame the browser for
your choice of plugins.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Adam

On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:05:23 +1200, GraB wrote:

>I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
>every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
>Firefox people know they break extensions?
>
>For now will stick with Opera for my banking.

Before installing any new extension, I always make sure I read users'
comments. There are some notorious extensions that I've managed to
avoid that way.

I've been using Firefox for a fair while now and had no real problems
with it. You can't blame Firefox for poorly written 3rd party
extensions. With the right add-ons, it's a much better browser than IE
(in my view).

Adam.

Gordon

On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:25:26 +1200, GraB wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:31 +0100, Adam Cameron
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
>>1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
>>vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

> Cracked it. I disabled Tabbrowser extensions and everything worked.
> Must look for update.

Now you are onto it, Firefox not joined at the hip to the extensions. An
update of FF may break a extension, the extension writer then has to catch
up.

Look at it this way, you have a choice, do not update FF and increase the
risk of having something way beyond annoying done to your PC, or use MSIE
and have this happen.

steve

GraB wrote:

> Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
> since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page.**I*allowed
> popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
>
> Your interactive session cannot be continued.

The ANZ Bank web site has been grindingly slow the past several weeks.

I was going to send them a webmail via their online banking interface....but
I gave up trying to login because I wasn't getting anywhere.

I started at 16;41 and gave up at 16:53.

I did manage to login......but then you get that 4-line screen with the info
about last login and password change...and that took a while to go
away....THEN I got my accounts and chose "Transfer money between
accounts".....and off it went......and I had run out of time and had to
flag it.

Not the first time that's happened recently.

The service used to be excellent....but lately it has become quite slow. The
change *seemed* to occur about the same time that TelstraClear stopped
their domestic peering......Not sure if it is related.

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
> since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
> popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
>
> Your interactive session cannot be continued.
>
> Possible Causes
>
> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
> address.
> * Your ID tag is invalid.
>
> Resolution
>
> * Restart this application from the beginning.
>
> Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

I use Westpac online banking and had no trouble logging on in FF1.04