Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Squid in transperent Mode with Cisco Router

Squid in transperent Mode with Cisco Router

SD

Hi,
I have a Squid running in a Swell Box ( Redhat Linux as OS).Wants to
use it as a transparent proxy in my network. I have a Cisco Router 3845
( IOS 12.3(11r)T2.) connected to the ISP.

I uses live ip addreses in my internal network.

Wants to use the Squid for Caching. But don't wants to point to the
Proxy in Internet Explorer. By default i should be able to use the
Caching facility.

Also wants to keep the individual Live IP identity. In short wants to
run in transperent mode.

Please suggest config for both.
Thanks a ton in advance

Kind Regards,
SD

CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

"SD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> I have a Squid running in a Swell Box ( Redhat Linux as OS).Wants to
> use it as a transparent proxy in my network. I have a Cisco Router 3845
> ( IOS 12.3(11r)T2.) connected to the ISP.
>
> I uses live ip addreses in my internal network.
>
> Wants to use the Squid for Caching. But don't wants to point to the
> Proxy in Internet Explorer. By default i should be able to use the
> Caching facility.
>
> Also wants to keep the individual Live IP identity. In short wants to
> run in transperent mode.
>
> Please suggest config for both.
> Thanks a ton in advance
>
> Kind Regards,
> SD

Best way to do it - run WCCP redirect on your Cisco router. You minimum
router configuration should be something like this:

ip wccp version 1

ip wccp web-cache redirect

int <output interdace>

ip wccp web-cache redirect out

In the latest IOS images Cisco has introduced some more extensions for WCCP
protocols -for example, you may specify by access-list, who should be
redirected, and who does not.

On your Squid box should be also configured for WCCP protocol. Old versions
of SQUID and Linux required to add WCCP module to the Kernel - not sure if
it's the case now.

As an alternative, some people run IP ROUTE-MAP on the Cisco router to
forward Web traffic to the web-cache server, but it's more complicated
solution.

Good luck,

Mike

www.headsetadapter.com

Cisco 3750 to squid routing not working eyaadh Cisco 0 11-24-2011 11:02 PM
Cocoon sql transformer causing squid timeout phil.a.jenkins@gmail.com XML 0 12-07-2005 04:57 PM
Cisco 6500 - how to change from router mode to hybrid (switch mode) tubagod@mesanetworks.net Cisco 3 08-05-2005 07:38 PM
Squid proxy and 1710 Bill Cisco 2 02-16-2005 04:32 PM
PIX501 and Squid ak_father Cisco 1 07-07-2003 04:52 AM

Advertisments