Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > National ID Card

National ID Card

Collector»NZ

Well maybe, going by the indicators the Yanks are heading
that way fast.
For more see
http://nzcollector.blogspot.com/2005...t-may-get.html

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at
http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

Bret

On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:37:00 +1200, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well maybe, going by the indicators the Yanks are heading
>that way fast.
>For more see
>http://nzcollector.blogspot.com/2005...t-may-get.html

We already have ours (national ID card), perhaps we are the guinea
pigs again.

Collector»NZ

Bret said the following on 6/05/2005 3:47 p.m.:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:37:00 +1200, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Well maybe, going by the indicators the Yanks are heading
>>that way fast.
>>For more see
>>http://nzcollector.blogspot.com/2005...t-may-get.html

> We already have ours (national ID card), perhaps we are the guinea
> pigs again.

We have a structure that is close to a National ID card it
is when they decide we are going to have a National ID card
and they take all the DL data and the IRD data to make an ID
card that can be issued (verifiably) to every man women and
child. Papers Please Citizen....

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at
http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

Evil Bastard

Collector»NZ wrote:
>>> Well maybe, going by the indicators the Yanks are heading that way fast.
>>> For more see
>>> http://nzcollector.blogspot.com/2005...t-may-get.html

>> We already have ours (national ID card), perhaps we are the guinea
>> pigs again.

> We have a structure that is close to a National ID card it is when they
> decide we are going to have a National ID card and they take all the DL
> data and the IRD data to make an ID card that can be issued (verifiably)
> to every man women and child. Papers Please Citizen....

Could backfire - if people get sufficiently ****ed off with it, we could
see a thriving black market in fake IDs, patronised by disgruntled but
otherwise honest citizens, which would compromise the integrity of the
whole system.

I know that if mandatory 'internal passport' style ID cards came in, I'd
definitely buy fake IDs purely to manage my privacy.

--
Cheers
EB

Patrick FitzGerald

There is no way that we should ever have a National ID card

ID Cards are the badge of slavery.

Patrick

Patrick FitzGerald said the following on 6/05/2005 5:52 p.m.:

> There is no way that we should ever have a National ID card
>

> ID Cards are the badge of slavery.
>
> Patrick

I Think you made your point after the second post

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at
http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

~misfit~

Evil Bastard wrote:
> [...]

http://nzcollector.blogspot.com/2005...-it-may-get.ht
ml

>>> We already have ours (national ID card), perhaps we are the guinea
>>> pigs again.

>> We have a structure that is close to a National ID card it is when
>> they decide we are going to have a National ID card and they take
>> all the DL data and the IRD data to make an ID card that can be
>> issued (verifiably) to every man women and child. Papers Please
>> Citizen....

> Could backfire - if people get sufficiently ****ed off with it, we
> could see a thriving black market in fake IDs, patronised by
> disgruntled but otherwise honest citizens, which would compromise the
> integrity of the whole system.
>
> I know that if mandatory 'internal passport' style ID cards came in,
> I'd definitely buy fake IDs purely to manage my privacy.

As will I. Purely as a protest.
--
~misfit~

BTMO

"Collector»NZ" <> wrote

>> There is no way that we should ever have a National ID card
>>

>> ID Cards are the badge of slavery.
>>
>> Patrick

> I Think you made your point after the second post

I think he wins the "overstating the freakin' obvious award" for today, as
well...